PDA

View Full Version : super soft chenille

MidnightCafe
04-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Anyone know where to find very soft chenille...you know, the kind where it's so soft you almost can't tell you're touching it? I recently fell in love with these blankets that a local shop sells & they are chenille backed with silk. They sell for $60-$100, though, and I figure I could make one for less. I hardly know how to sew, but I think I could do a blanket. I went to Joanne Fabrics, but the chenille they sell is nowhere near as soft as the blankets at the shop. Maybe they're so expensive because the fabric is expensive & special-order?

cklewis
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
I think you want microfiber chenille. I know they make yarn that soft (I have some I bought at Wal-mart), but you may be up a creek with the woven stuff. :think

Hmmm. . . . JoAnne's is unlikely to have it. Where are you? I know a fabric store in North Carolina (http://www.maryjos.com/) that would have it.

C

lenswyf
04-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Aahhh... microfiber is luscious stuff, isn't it? I bet that would be super soft. I googled "microfiber chenille yards" and came up with quite a few sites.

MidnightCafe
04-25-2005, 05:20 AM
I'm in Minnesota. Thanks for helping me identify what it is I'm looking for! I'll take a look around the internet. ;)

sarahandmadelinesm
04-25-2005, 01:47 PM
they just started carrying some super soft chenille at walmart--I think it was 11.99 a yard. If the blankets you are talking about are the "little giraffe" brand, then this is the same (or extremely similar) stuff. As soon as I get the energy together I am going to pick some of the walmart stuff up. M has one little giraffe blankie that she loves, but the prise is pretty steep to get her a second one for "travel" , and so I can clean the first!

MidnightCafe
05-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Yes, the blankets I was looking at were Little Giraffe.

I haven't had any luck finding microfiber chenille on-line. I found it wholesale with a minimum purchase of 20 yards. :eek

And I don't mean to be weird, but I don't shop at Walmart. So, I won't be going there for fabric.

Does anyone know of a specific site on-line that sells it? A google search turned up lots of yarn...not so much fabric.

I don't *really* need it anyway. It was just sort of a whim.

Lady TS
05-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Is it at all like this? http://store.yahoo.com/phoenixtextiles/fabric-home-decorating-chenille-home-decor-fabric-waverly-chenilles.html