PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

BeckaBlue
04-21-2005, 05:06 PM
how much more can i take?!?!?!? im going nuts!

2 things-

nik has been raging a lot yesterday/today, he got a lucky charms marshmellow, and this seems to be a very main reaction (besides eczema/hives) of getting corn, even tiny amounts. I know why he's doing it, and i understand it's hard for him to stop, but at the same time im getting so tired of being smacked, yelled at, headbutted, kicked, bitten etc... all the bearhugging in the world doesn't help cuz when he's in a rage he wants let down, and if he's not well confined he will go after one of the girls, or me (literally go after, running at them and attacking), so instead im the one who'd getting beat up because he wants to run crazy. I jsut try to remember he's mad about something and at the same time try to figure out a way to help, which is where i think i get crazy, because i dunno what can help and when he's like this there's no changing until he's extended enough of it.

next is the constant wrestling. if one of the girls are laying on the couch or sitting on the floor he zones in and there's their hair! he goes behind them and grabs their hair to pull em down and wont let go, i hafta squeeze his arms and hell finally let go and come off. he's like a cat about any objects hanging down, he sees it and hasta get it! abbeys favorite hat is a priness one that has a hangy-downer in the back, hes constantly pulling it down. anything sitting anywhere to him is to be pulled down and dumped out, thrown, or whatever he can figure to do with it. EVERYTHING in his reach. any minute recharger breaks are NOT AT ALL compatable with him, by the time i'd come out the fridge would be emptied, stuff spilled everywhere, kids on the floor crying because he's got them in a headlock, all out terror and devastation, think those hurricanes looked bad? try leaving him alone for a few minutes!

dh is getting even more frustrating and hes not even around him near as much as me! he wants to spank, but at he same tme he agrees that hitting for hitting doesnt make sense. as it is im alone in the discipline dpt as he's too easily angered, but im afraid im not doing very good at it :( im getting too frustrated. i think i need a perspective change, I'm having a very tough time keeping from anger right now :(

ArmsOfLove
04-21-2005, 05:28 PM
well it's not even hitting him for hitting--it's hitting him for having an allergic reaction and not being able to control himself :(

He wants down but he NEEDS to be restrained--he needs VERY firm boundaries when his internal boundaries have been made as holey as swiss cheese. Tell him that he needs to be bigger than the corn and assure him that you are--and you need to be. Don't focus in on his behavior because this isn't a normal discipline situation. If he was having a seizure would you be angry that he was thrashing around??? Allergic reactions are the same type of thing.

Hold him, keep him safe, help him to not hurt others (which is preventing the natural consequence of feeling bad because when he's back in control of himself he will :( ), and get through the next couple of days which should get a little better each day.

((((((((( :hug))))))))) and :cup

Micah
04-21-2005, 06:01 PM
:hug...hopefully the reaction will pass really quickly. :)

BeckaBlue
04-21-2005, 08:15 PM
well it's not even hitting him for hitting--it's hitting him for having an allergic reaction and not being able to control himself :(

If he was having a seizure would you be angry that he was thrashing around??? Allergic reactions are the same type of thing.

that's what i needed :) just a lil different way to see it. he just had a 30min rage and gladly i didnt eve really get frustrated

then we have the 2nd set of stuff. that is what he does EVERY DAY no matter of any outside issues, and thats whats most frustrating to me. im so burned out on it every day, and just adding the rages gets me more for a day *sigh* he will totally go to one of the girls while they're coloring and smack em in he face for no reason that i can figure :shrug or when abbeys napping she's regularly woken by him pullin her hair :rolleyes

ArmsOfLove
04-21-2005, 08:49 PM
:hug

I still feel a momentary panic (and I really mean *panic*) if I think that Liam has gotten any gluten :cry Before we got him off of gluten I felt like a POW and could have been dx with PTSD. It was constant, it was scary, and it was intense. I cried in doctor's offices and I got no answers until I found them myself. Well, until God gave them to me :) And thank God He did!

GBD is what helped me stay connected to ds during the hardest time in our lives and I'm sure it is what kept Liam knowing that I loved him when he was scared being inside himself. :hissyfit :shifty

:hug