PDA

View Full Version : Veggie help

BearyBlessed
04-18-2005, 10:03 AM
We are not vegetarians, but I need to start incorporating more vegetables in our diet. DH is really enjoying when I pack raw veggies in his lunch, so I need to get some more creative ideas for him. So far all I really give him are carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. I know he doesn't care for peppers or anything in that family. So, what else can I give him that is good to eat raw? My family only ate a few 'standard' veggies and mostly cooked, so I'm bit at a loss here. :O

TIA

Mother of Sons
04-18-2005, 10:09 AM
jicama, avocado, mushrooms, snow pea pods, sugar snap peas :)

gamomof2
04-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Some of our favorites are cucumbers, cherry or grape tomatoes, celery, and avocados. HTH! :)

Punkie
04-18-2005, 07:50 PM
My family likes carrots, any of the small tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado the best :) My daughter likes any leafy veggie with some kind of dressing as a dip.

GrowingInGrace
05-04-2005, 12:01 PM
zucchini and summer squash are also good. mushrooms also work well fresh (white or button). Some people I know like raw sweet onions, though they're hotter like peppers so he may not be keen on them. My husband (who really, REALLY likes hot things :laughtears) likes to eat green onions with dip. Radishes are another good option (the japanese kind are milder).

of course, lest anyone forget, CELERY! :lol

ArmsOfLove
05-04-2005, 12:56 PM
I love raw asparagus :yum

and you can get creative with dips--hummus, baba ganoush (eggplant paste).

you can also do roasted veggies and that opens up a whole new world :)