PDA

View Full Version : Wheat/dairy free people - what do you eat for breakfast?

Radosny Matka
04-17-2005, 07:54 PM
I have had eggs the past 2 mornings. I can't eat eggs 7 days a week. That wouldn't be very good for my heart. ;)

Radosny Matka
04-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Oh - my son can't handle soy either. :/

julbug
04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Smoothies: can still be creamy without dairy or soy milk, use frozen pureed fruit, can use rice or nut milk if preferred (and allergies warrant)

You can still have pancakes, muffins, waffles, toast, french toast, etc. by using non-wheat flour. You can use spelt or quinoa flour.

Oatmeal with your favorite mix-ins

Breakfast burritos, made from corn tortillas, filled with tomatoes, beans, etc

I don't know where you live but.....grits. Grits are made from, what corn? :think

Irene
04-17-2005, 08:46 PM
just make sure you get the right kind of oatmeal... I know it sometimes has wheat in it.

I eat quinoa with turkey sausage or beans and rice. I get really sick of it. DD eats eggs, but ds and I are allergic. I need a BIG breakfast with lots of protein for me to get through the day. muffins just dont do it for me ;)

ArmsOfLove
04-17-2005, 10:33 PM
McCann's oatmeal is safe :)

HFS puffed rice (General Mills has weird stuff in it we can't have :/ but Arrowhead Mills and another kind are good)
pancakes
waffles
fruit

I'm not a big breakfast person so I'm not much help :rolleyes

Gailmegan
04-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Smoothies with fruit juice, frozen fruit and peanut butter or almond butter for added protein and yumminess!

Spelt bread toast with nut butter and/or all-fruit spread.

Quinoa cooked like oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon (sometimes apple slices too!). I add some rice milk to it after it's cooked.

Hmmm...I'm hungry now! :mrgreen

TillSuper6
04-18-2005, 01:30 PM

I eat quinoa with turkey sausage or beans and rice. I get really sick of it. DD eats eggs, but ds and I are allergic. I need a BIG breakfast with lots of protein for me to get through the day. muffins just dont do it for me ;)

I am soo like this too, I make a smoothie with nut butter and coconut oil and I must have a side of chicken sausage or turkey bacon. I must have protein first thing in the morning or I will be :sa all day long