PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Buy Window Treatments?

Soliloquy
04-17-2005, 12:59 PM
We're building a new house and I'm so excited! But, we need to get lots of window treatments all at once. I want curtains for some of the rooms, Roman shades for others, and cellular blinds in others. I want something that's decent quality (doesn't have to be the best but I don't want it to look cheap) but I can't afford super expensive ones, either.

Has anyone bought window treatments from a catalog or online? Is there a national chain that sells good window treatments?

Thx!

cheri
04-19-2005, 05:10 AM
I really think it depends on what you're looking for. Some stores might have great curtains, but ugly blinds. I have some nice panels from Bed Bath and Beyond in my bedroom that were around $50 per panel. But I also found some velvety panels that look like Pottery Barn at Target for $25 per panel. (And yes, I realize that $50 per panel is expensive- I had to buy 6 for that room) but I don't plan on changing them for a long time.

RealLifeMama
04-19-2005, 06:40 AM
It seems whenever i compliment people on their window treatments, they always say
"Oh, thanks, We got them from JC Penney"
I used to be suprised but not anymore, LOL.
You could try them. They have a seperate catalog for that sort of thing.

ETA we used to get a catalog that was nothing but window treatments, and they were very stylish and reasonable but I can't remember what it is!

AmyDoll
04-19-2005, 06:46 AM
I was going to suggest JC Penney too - if you click on "Clearance" sometimes they have stuff for as little as $6 - On Wednesday they have special "Wednesday Only" Deals that sometimes include window treatments.

For panels - you can also check out TJMaxx and other discount stores.

XOXO Amy

Kasi
04-19-2005, 06:48 AM
I was going to suggest JC Penney too - if you click on "Clearance" sometimes they have stuff for as little as $6 - On Wednesday they have special "Wednesday Only" Deals that sometimes include window treatments.

Ohhhh!! I have to go check that out!! Thanks for the tip! :tu

MidnightCafe
04-19-2005, 11:12 AM
We got most of ours from J C Penney, too! We did a fair amount of catalog & in-store shopping. You usually have to order things, though. At other places you can buy curtains & take them home the same day.

Soliloquy
04-21-2005, 07:08 PM
http://www.smithandnoble.com/sn/default.jsp

Thanks for all the tips. This above website is where I have been looking. It's a little pricey, but now I'm thinking of doing one room at a time and getting better quality. Still undecided.

Has anyone used Eddie Z's? I have one friend who did and was frustrated with them, but she has very unusual windows. Mine are pretty standard.

Mamatoto
04-21-2005, 07:55 PM
I like Brylane Home (catalogue). I got some great thermal curtains with sheers and they really do keep the rooms cool/warm depending on the season. We have leaky windows so we needed this! :)

Soliloquy
04-23-2005, 08:23 PM
I like Brylane Home (catalogue). I got some great thermal curtains with sheers and they really do keep the rooms cool/warm depending on the season. We have leaky windows so we needed this! :)

Thanks for the tip! I found some awesome sheer Roman-type that are really inexpensive! Thanks for directing me to Brylane!

http://www.brylanehome.com/brylanehome/layout/layout.asp?dept_id=6116&parent_id=98&rootdept=11&

Mamatoto
07-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh, I am so glad that you found some there!! I just got ds a whole comforter and curtain set from there with gorgeous blues and dolphins. Can't wait to get it and paint his room to match!