PDA

View Full Version : Dh pulled his back out...again...

Lady TS
04-17-2005, 05:29 AM
It's in the deep muscles.
Anything we can do other than just wait for it to heal and take it easy and lose weight and work out later?

Thia
04-17-2005, 07:16 AM
As someone in the midst of a "back crisis," tell him he has my sympathy. Is he going to a chiro? Does he have a back brace to wear? The first 72 hours you should do ice, after that heat, but (for both) never more than about 20 min at a time. Moist heat is better than dry. Try some icy hot or something similar as well. I found some excersizes/stretched here: http://www.1backpain.com/back_exercises.htm Hope this helps!

Lady TS
04-17-2005, 08:08 AM
I guess I don't have much sympathy for him. :blush You know how men just kinda can't do anything and moan and groan and generally milk it when they're hurt, but we women just deal with it and keep doing our usual thing... Maybe I need an attitude adjustment....

He says chiro's won't help(not that we have the $ for one anyway). He does have a back brace but he never wears it. :/

He is wearing a hot pack on his back(oops--not a cold pack) and he took aspirin and is sitting around a lot, which I guess is to be expected.

Thanks for your input!

Thia
04-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Tell him not to stay in one position for too long. I'm praying.