PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

kris10s
04-16-2005, 06:51 PM
I walked into $tarbuck$ with DD today, and there was a boy (looked about 3.5-4 yo) pushing the rolling highchair all around the store, running. He continued to do this the entire time I was there while his dad sat in a comfy chair in the corner. His older sister (5-6 ish) sat near him. Neither of them looked phased.

If DD wasn't in arms, I would have tried some playful parenting techniques, but I was literally afraid he was going to ram into me and knock me over (with drink and DD). It was obviously bothering the other customers and baristas.

:shrug

ArmsOfLove
04-16-2005, 08:52 PM
I would have probably said something to the little boy that let the father know that what the child was doing wasn't going unnoticed. Something like, "Goodness, you have some big energy." It's a little passive aggressive but if he wasn't actually hurting anything it's not really my business, yk? If he was running into people or things then I'd say something directly to the father and ask him to stop his child from doing that.

kris10s
04-17-2005, 05:39 AM
He was running into tables and chairs and the counter. I was kinda hoping he'd run into one of the displays of for sale stuff, knock it over, and cause his dad to have to pay for it.

It was just dangerous in such a confined space.

MarynMunchkins
04-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Honestly, if he came close to me, I'd stop the high chair and say "It looks like you're having fun. This isn't a safe place, though, and you need to go play next to your dad." :)