PDA

View Full Version : What are you working on now?

Shawn
04-16-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm knitting an apron top for dd#1 from a pattern I got from LTK, a diaper cover, and getting ready to start a knitted bib.

So...what are you working on?

Wonder Woman
04-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Well I'm SUPPOSED to be working on a tatted doily for my MIL, whose birthday was yesterday. :eek But I'm here instead!

bex
04-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Ring slings (Jan Andrea's pattern with pocket but I added padded rails) for my sister and sil (and another for me). They are both due in June but I live in South Asia and they live in Tennessee and Alabama so I need to get them in the mail. My sis has twin dds who are turning three at the end of May so I made them doll-sized ring slings. :heart

Micah
04-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, I have my new sewing machine, my new snap press and 2 yards of PUL...just waiting on everything else to come! Where is that UPS Man!?? LOL

I will be making some bib overall shorts for baby, some diaper covers and also some of those AIO with CPF's. :)

Thia
04-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Crocheting another blanket. Slow slow going though with dd around.

cannuke
04-16-2005, 01:36 PM
I just finished hemming DH's new pants that I made for his b'day last year. Long story, but they're only a year late! :highfive

Oh, and I re-sewed (for the 100th time, I think), the dog's toys. He chews on them and pulls out the stuffing, so I sew the holes shut.

Shawn
04-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Oh, and I re-sewed (for the 100th time, I think), the dog's toys. He chews on them and pulls out the stuffing, so I sew the holes shut.

Dd has just discovered that there is stuff inside her plush toys. We've got a fish in the car, and a parrot puppet on the entertainment center that she has dismantled :rolleyes I'll get to those one day... :)

Ca_mommy
04-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I am working on making a Sweet Cheeks Baby Doll from Magic Cabin for my little girl's first birthday, AND I am stamping her birthday invitations... wheew!

odetta
04-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Can I join?

I am working on a heritage scrapbook of my family, and on some furniture refinishing for my boys and my MIL (two different projects). Next on the list is slipcovers for the living room furniture and storage shelving in the laundry room. Want to know the rest of my list? It's about 4 pages long..... :crazy

2sunshines
04-17-2005, 05:30 PM
working on catching up my scrapbooking!

Marielle
04-17-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm recovering from the mental numbness after making 17 diapers. Yuck - I'm not cut out for assembly line work.

Now I'm back to the creative stuff. I cut out 12 pairs of shorts/pants for my son's summer wardrobe and will sew it up as I get the time this week. Next weekend I cut out shirts & possibly rompers. After that is done I want to sew up some mama cloth for myself and then DH is next (bunch of polo & undershirts for him). The dogs are last in line for a revamped doggie bed. Phew! Sounds like a lot but if I stay off the computer I hope to tackle it. At least DS's wardrobe before the summer is over! LOL

tiglet
04-17-2005, 08:04 PM
3 quilts -
One for my brother in law
One for my baby girl
And one for me!

And a pattern waiting in the wings for my MIL/FIL.

Also working on blocks for a group quilt for a friends' wedding...

I can't sew anything practical - clothing, diapers, etc. But I can quilt! I love curved piecing and patterns with secondary designs. :)

Marielle
04-18-2005, 08:05 PM
tiglet I admire quilters. It takes a lot more dedication to piece and quilt accurately than it does for garment sewing. :tu

Micah
04-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Now that I've sort of figured out my sewing machine...I made 1 pr of wool longies and 2 prs of shorties! :) I'm proud of myself.

Forgiven
04-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Making dolies for my cousin as a wedding gift. The shower is on Saturday so I'm running out of time---better get back to it.

Lady TS
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Here's what I hope to get done before bb3 comes along in about 6 weeks:

2-3 "doggie" slings for my SIL who is selling them for me to her pug-people-I got 4 done, so I'm a little ahead! yeah!
Finish the sock monkeys for my boys
Make baby blanket for the bb--soft fleece on one side, floral on the other.
Get the sunporch primed and painted

Almost done!

Punkie
04-23-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm always working on a million things :P

I have a bunch of cross-stitches that I need to finish up (like 7 or 8!)
A scarf that I'm about 1/3 done with knitting
A few afghans
Christmas stockings

I'm sure there's more! I did just finish one cross-stitch though, so I'm plugging along!

MidnightCafe
05-03-2005, 04:59 AM
I'm joining this thread just to show off a little! :O I just finished making curtains for my kitchen (second sewing project EVER) & yesterday I made a dress for DD - very simple sundress. She's only 3. So, she doesn't care if it's perfect. In fact, her exact words were, "Thank you, Mama, for making me a dress with this BEAUTIFUL fabric!" (Yup, she used the bord "fabric.")

Anyway, now I'd like to try making a shirt & pants for DD using the pattern that came with the dress pattern.

And I'm scrapbooking...as usual. That's an on-going thing.

Close2MyHeart
05-03-2005, 05:07 AM
I'm working on a quilt for my sons bed and I really want to make a wrap style sling...

MamaBeth
05-03-2005, 05:05 PM
LOL I'm making a potholder out of one of those cotton loop looms..! Never got to as a kid, so I'm trying it now.

DogwoodMama
05-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Digital scrap-booking & a rug hook project. :)

luvmyboyz
05-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Crocheting another skinny scarf! My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was very youg. Lately some women where I work were trying to teach themselves how to as well. Of course I had to jump on the band wagon! The only difference is tha I already know how! I made a beautiful skinny scarf in gray tones! I love it and I always wear it! I t took me a weekend to finish i t! I will make several more and give them as gifts!

Celeste
05-08-2005, 04:59 AM
this afternoon I'm going to make another batch of basil sage mint soap. the upside is it makes the house smell wonderlicious!

Tengokujin
05-18-2005, 11:24 PM
For works in progress I have a summer cardigan that I am knitting (takes a bit of concentration)

a fabric strip rug in crochet (takes NO concentration)

and at the moment--orange cinnamon bread in the bread machine! :mrgreen

Soliloquy
05-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm knitting a scarf for myself out of a mohair-blend yarn. I'm so excited to wear it this winter because the mohair scarves that I've loved in the store have been so expensive! I love the color of the yarn. It's called "earth." But, it's getting boring! Just rows and rows and rows of stockinette! I'm starting to wish I'd made it narrower or chosen something a little more complicated. Oh well. I'll enjoy it when it's done.

When this is done, I'm going to knit some dishcloths from sugar and cream yarn. After that, I don't know. I'm going to look on the Internet for some interesting things to knit. I love my new hobby! :tu