PDA

View Full Version : I am so glad this section is here!

crunchy christian
04-16-2005, 04:26 AM
Hiya everyone, I am new here! I am a nearly vegan (very strict vegetarian) for almost 10 years...hubby has been one for 3 due to my gentle nudging and information bombardment (he is so great!)....and we are due withour first baby, a daughter, due any time now (May)...we are planning to raise her in the same manner!

I was so happy to see this forum! Hope to get to know some of you and share ideas, recipes and talk about some *unique* issues that veggie parents face!

Tara

flowermama
04-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi! Welcome! :smile Congratulations on your first baby being due any time now. :D One of my children has a birthday in May (born 11 days early), and my birthday is in May, too.... it's a great month to have a baby. :tu ;)

I've been vegan for about 3 1/2 years. My kiddos are, too. I make vegan meals for my dh, but he eats meat out when he can, or sometimes buys a can of tuna or something I don't have to prepare to eat at home. He calls himself a part-time vegan. ;)

Well, I look forward to hearing more from you in this forum (and elsewhere on the board!) and getting to know you better. :smile

:hug

Embracing Grace
04-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Hello!

We're trying to make the transition into vegetarianism. It's a tough thing to do, especially if you have been a huge meat eater all your life and thought that vegetarians were weird. :lol

Congratulations on your baby, too! How exciting and awesome! :congrats

:)

ArmsOfLove
04-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Welcome :) I had two vegan pregnancies and was totally vegan with my twins except for the 3 weeks when I could *only* eat meat :eek We've been vegan for 7 years now--my handle used to be Jesusvegan :)

Wikolia
05-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm glad for this forum as well. I am vegie but dh is not. Mealtimes are challenging at times
Vicki