PDA

View Full Version : sweet Walmart experience

milkmommy
04-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Okay heres a good Walmart story I observed today.
Their was a little girl maybe 5 or 6 who was whinning because her mother wouldn't buy her something (it was in the issle with plastic container so who knows what she wanted?) The mother stayed very calm and was relecting her feelings. I can see you'd like X???.
Mom: Were not going to buy that but you may have 5 free gifts........
The little girl stopped crying and thought and said
Girl: okay I want two kisses two hugs ..how many is that mommy?
Mommy: showing on her hand two kisses and two hugs is four you have one more choice
Girl: Okay I changed my mind I want THREE kisses One BIG hug and one tickle
Mom: Well I don't know thats quite a tall order (little girl is totally giggling) the mother gives her three kisses (just random silly pecks) a BIG hug, and tickles her.
Mom: Hummm that make me want a free gift may I have some? The little girl say yes but only two :lol (shes totally smiling by then)

Deanna

tiglet
04-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Awwww....

:hearts

MarynMunchkins
04-14-2005, 07:26 PM
How sweet! :D

Radosny Matka
04-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Ahhhhhh!!!!! :hearts That is quite different from what you normally see at walmart. :rolleyes I will have to remember that one!

ArmsOfLove
04-14-2005, 07:54 PM
that is wonderful! I'm going to use that the next time we're dealing with having to say "no" :) thanks for sharing that! :heart

milkmommy
04-14-2005, 08:31 PM
that is wonderful! I'm going to use that the next time we're dealing with having to say "no" :) thanks for sharing that! :heart

Yea what could be better GD with a math lesson :lol I'm thinking how I could adapt it for my DD. :)

Deanna

milkmommy
04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Ahhhhhh!!!!! :hearts That is quite different from what you normally see at walmart. :rolleyes

No kidding :rolleyes It as deffiently better than the mom smacking her toddler because she didn't want to hang up from her cell phone :mad

Deanna

godsgracegiven
04-15-2005, 01:38 AM
That is so sweet!! :heart
We do something similiar.
Child says: we want _____.
I say: We are not buying ________ today. I have something you can have. :)
Then I reach in to my pocket. Which always strikes their interest.
I pull my hand out of my pocket with my hand closed and they quickly open it.
I make a "bing," noise while lifting my hand toward thier faces. And I say, "smilies from mamma." :)
Sometimes we, play that the smile it tooo big or small. They love it and it is a great distraction. :)

gracefuljourney
04-15-2005, 06:53 AM
OH! that IS such a sweet story and a good idea for the gentle parenting toolbox! I like that!

milkmommy
04-15-2005, 07:14 AM
That is so sweet!! :heart
We do something similiar.
Child says: we want _____.
I say: We are not buying ________ today. I have something you can have. :)
Then I reach in to my pocket. Which always strikes their interest.
I pull my hand out of my pocket with my hand closed and they quickly open it.
I make a "bing," noise while lifting my hand toward thier faces. And I say, "smilies from mamma." :)
Sometimes we, play that the smile it tooo big or small. They love it and it is a great distraction. :)

:heart :heart :heart :heart :heart
Deanna

crunchymum
04-15-2005, 11:11 AM
oh, i love it! :heart :heart :heart gonna use both those things!

schoolofmom
04-15-2005, 12:29 PM
I love those ideas! And how sweet. I love reading a happy story about parent-child interaction in public. Usually I see moms smacking their kids on the back of the head at Wally-world. :rolleyes

MidnightCafe
04-15-2005, 01:24 PM
What a great idea!! Thank you for posting it here!! :tu

poleidopy
04-15-2005, 01:25 PM
That's great! :hearts :tu

mandyrberry
04-16-2005, 01:50 PM
i am so gonna use that! thanks :tu

mama2grace
04-16-2005, 02:04 PM
What a sweet idea! And practicing math skills at the same time. :tu

chelsea
04-17-2005, 04:32 PM
That's adorable! :D

momjis22
05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
:tu :tu :clap

Jeanette
05-09-2005, 07:36 PM
That is amazing! I'll have to remember these ideas :mrgreen

Beyond Blessed
05-09-2005, 09:36 PM
I think the thing that is tugging on me the most right now is what an inspiration that woman is to all of us who don't even know her! I want to be that inspiration to somebody. I want to go to the store and naturally handle situations in that manner and have some mom see/hear and want to do that with her dc. From my lips (er, ah, fingertips) to God's ear. :amen

This Busy Mom
05-17-2005, 09:08 PM
:D :heart :heart :heart

lumpofclay
05-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for sharing!!! :heart :heart I'm going to remember that!!

OneSillyMommy
05-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I think the thing that is tugging on me the most right now is what an inspiration that woman is to all of us who don't even know her! I want to be that inspiration to somebody. I want to go to the store and naturally handle situations in that manner and have some mom see/hear and want to do that with her dc. From my lips (er, ah, fingertips) to God's ear. :amen

that just about has me in tears, i so want to be her, and know what to do in these situations!