PDA

View Full Version : Help with allergies, I haven't slept is 3 days!

wuzzie
04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
OK, so this is my first allergy season after making the commitment to live as naturally as we can. But I really need some releaf! I am having so much trouble sleeping. Last night I didn't fall asleep 'till 3 am, and the couple nights before that weren't much better. Help me please!

Lantern Light Mama
04-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Bump. I know you really need some answers and I wish I had them for you!!!

Maybe BlueGreen Algea could work? the lady at our local HF store said it is good for children with allergies, and it removes certain elements from the body but I am yet to do research on it. Shes and herbalist too. Wouldnt hurt to read up on it.

Irene
04-14-2005, 08:08 PM
I know my mom suffered terribly until she discovered Barley Greens. but she had to take it and build up her immunity before it worked- she just couldnt start taking it in the summer and be relieved.

Punkie
04-14-2005, 08:12 PM
If you decide to go with Barley Green, there's one (another brand) that has raspberries or some other sweet fruit in it that makes it FAR more palatable than the plain BG...

Irene
04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
oh really? dh might be interested in that then! he wont eat anything green anyway ;) but he suffers terribly in the summer

Lantern Light Mama
04-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Ok now I remember what she said Blue green Algea does. Sorry for my forgetfulness. She said it detoxifies the body! I am not sure if it would work, but who knows? I also read that taking one teaspoon of locally produced honey per day and decrease allergie symtpoms, but I know local honey is hard to find in some places, but if its from your region it should work. It helps to build your immunity to the allergens in the area you live in!!!! :shrug

Lady TS
04-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I am starting to get allergies this spring again and want to go with something more natural since I am pg and will be (still) nursing.
My pharmacy has a line called Pharmacist's Ultimate Health and they have Allergy Relief Complex. It has a bunch of B vitamins, Vit C, D3, E, Magnesium, Selenium, Zinc, Bromelain, Citrus Bioflavoniods, Grape Seed STd. Extract, Hesperidin, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Nettle Root Extract, Quercetin, and Rutin. My doc(OB) said it would be ok to take while pg and nursing as far as he knew. Their web site is www.puhcorp.com

My health food store has a homeopathic remedy called Sneeze-Eeze(I think that's what it's called). It's supposed to give you 4-6 weeks of relief for like $16 worth of product.

I still haven't decided which way to go or whether these things will work for me. The thing that bothers me most/drives me crazy about my allergies is when the roof of my mouth and my ears and eyes itch.....ugh! Keeps me up at night and makes me not able to concentrate on anything!

HTH