PDA

View Full Version : Tide Coldwater

mothergoose
04-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Has anyone tried it? I've started washing my clothes in cold water to save money (we don't pay for water, but we do pay to heat it) and because I was being accused of shrinking clothes. I've been thinking of switching to Tide Coldwater, but have wondered if it's worth it. :think

BeckaBlue
04-14-2005, 12:51 PM
I dunno, we ONLY have cold water available to our w/d so ive thought about it too, but w/ ds i worry about using anything but the tried and true all :shrug

MomTo7
04-14-2005, 01:46 PM
I used it and I liked it BUT it really seemed to be the same as my normal old liquid tide...well Tide with bleach. It cost the same but you get less loads with it. I went back to Tide with Bleach as it was just as good and I have always used cold water.
:)

RealLifeMama
04-14-2005, 01:51 PM
We always use cold water, and I have thought about getting it because lately, our washer is not doing so well. When I wash dark clothes, there are always detergent residues and stuff.
What I have been doing instead is setting the washer for a 14 or so minute cycle, putting the detergent in, and then when it starts agitating, I start gathering the clothing. By the time I have it all in, it is at the 10 minute cycle, and the detergent is good and dissolved.

MomTo7
04-14-2005, 02:01 PM
We always use cold water, and I have thought about getting it because lately, our washer is not doing so well. When I wash dark clothes, there are always detergent residues and stuff.
What I have been doing instead is setting the washer for a 14 or so minute cycle, putting the detergent in, and then when it starts agitating, I start gathering the clothing. By the time I have it all in, it is at the 10 minute cycle, and the detergent is good and dissolved.

Have you tried using the liquid instead....just a thought? :) :) :)

2sunshines
04-15-2005, 05:46 AM
I've always washed on cold water (except hot water for diapers, towels, and sheets). I've never tried the Tide Coldwater... Thinking about it. :think

What about it makes it so much better? I've always just used regular cheap detergent (whatever's on sale) in my cold washes and I've never noticed a problem... Do most laundry detergents not do well in cold water?

cheri
04-15-2005, 06:17 AM
I guess I just thought it sounded like a waste of money. I use regular Tide with all of my laundry- hot, warm, cold. If I have something that needs a special wash, I use woolite. But I hardly ever do that.

Mother of Sons
04-15-2005, 08:33 AM
nt