PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favorite job?

mothergoose
04-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Mine is folding socks. Ironing comes in at a close second but only because I either have to leave the ironing board set up in the middle of my room or drag it out every time I need to use it.

What I would give for a nice big room with 2 big washer and dryers, a utitility sink, shelves for folded laundry, a place to hang hangers, a big counter top for folding laundry and mating socks, a sewing area, and 2 big tables - one for the hubs to work on his stamp albums, and one for me to do scrap booking and sewing projects. Sigh... everyone needs a dream, right?!

I just can't keep the laundry caught up anymore - try doing laundry for 6 in a tiny stackable washer and dryer. :hissyfit :hissyfit :hissyfit

Mamaka
04-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Ironing??? What's that? :lol

Folding clothes is probably my least favorite... in fact I have a load of clean on top of the dryer and another load in it that needs doing right now. :rolleyes :O

Probably scrubbing the tub would be next least favorite.

poetmom
04-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Folding clothes and putting them away...although, now that the girls do their own laundry and I just have to do mine and DH's, it's not quite as daunting as it used to be.

MagnoliaMommy
04-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Cleaning the shower and tub :td
I also hate sweeping and mopping, but I love vacuuming!
My favorite chore *is* folding clothes! ;)

RealLifeMama
04-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, lately, it is Paperwork! For sure!
:td
it ties with finishing the laundry. Washing, drying, Hey! No problem! But after that...... :rolleyes

momofmany
04-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Cleaning the toilet.... especially with three young boys in the house. Ugh.

OnlyBelieve
04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Folding and putting away clothes definitely!!

DogwoodMama
04-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Cleaning the bath tub & FILING paperwork. Ugghhh.

Katydid
04-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I actually love folding clothes, but NOT putting them away!
I also hate dishes! :td

BearyBlessed
04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Does housecleaning count?? :hiding

Seriously? I think toilets and bath tub are the worst. :td

Leslie
04-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Preparing meals. It's never done. As soon as one meal's done, its not long before there's another one to think about.

something glorious
04-14-2005, 08:25 PM
toilets. (oh NO...where'd the barfy emoticon go?! :hissyfit)

then dusting.

and in this apartment, mopping. cause it never gets this nasty rental-linoleum clean. and then i end up on my hands on knees....pretty much to no avail. :rolleyes

gamomof2
04-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Mopping. Especially now that I have ceramic tile and can NEVER get the grout clean. :hissyfit I also hate putting laundry away! :td

SandKsmama
04-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Definitely mopping. I *hate* it and only do it when it gets pretty bad.

I don't really *hate* anything else, but I do get so tired of cleaning up the kitchen after I've cooked. Yuck. Just ruins the fun of cooking.

I LOVE laundry - I'm a weirdo LOL.

Amanda

Thia
04-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Definitly sweeping/mopping. It just seems like a big hassle.
As for those sock...I don't fold socks and undies...they just get shoved into the drawer. Ironing...if it requires ironing, I don't buy it.
Toilets...don't bother me too much for some reason. What else?

fourbygrace
04-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Dishes here, I don't know why.

Mopping the kitchen is a close second. It seems so much work to move all the chairs around and then it just get dirty again at the next meal.

Blessings,
Mary

Sharon
04-16-2005, 07:10 AM
Scrubbing the tub...which is why I do it maybe once a year if that :blush

A close second is putting the silverware away after I wash the dishes...I have always hated doing that...

Garnet
04-20-2005, 07:04 AM
I'd have to go for toilet cleaning as my least favorite, esp. since theres 4 guys living here, and you wouldn't see one of them scrubbin' the toilet :hissyfit

kris10s
04-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Toliets and showers :td

greenemama
04-20-2005, 07:40 AM
dishes by hand.

i really love to cook but i hate how messy things are and how it doesn't matter how many dishes i do or how often i clean there is always more to do. it's a losing battle. and it takes forever. toilets take, what, five minutes, tops!

kris10s
04-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I understand, Mollie. We have a dishwasher and DH does 95% of the loading/unloading so dishes don't bother me at all!

greenemama
04-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Yeah, I understand, Mollie. We have a dishwasher and DH does 95% of the loading/unloading so dishes don't bother me at all!

"LUCKY!"

Abinsmom
04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
I hate cleaning anything wet -- bathrooms, mopping, etc. Gross!

I also hate vacuuming, especially the stairs, but we have a dog that tracks lots of wilderness into our home, so vacuuming is almost a daily ritual, like it or not.

I, too, LOVE doing laundry! Actually, it's not so much the 'doing' of it that makes me feel satisfied, it's the empty laundry baskets that are so very redeeming! And I love having the clothes you expect to be clean actually CLEAN and in the dresser -- makes getting dressed so much easier!

I also like cleaning windows -- it makes such a brilliant difference!

toymama
04-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I hate doing the dishes. That's why I keep the fewest dishes possible. My fav. job is doing laundry. :)

ballycastle
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
SCRUBBING THE TUB AND SHOWER WALLS. Definitely. Probably because I don't do that job with the kids around--messy, takes a while, the chemicals, etc.......

Sharon

mama2grace
04-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm another one who hates to clean the shower/tub. Although, in our new house we don't have tile, it's one of those tub/shower units and it's easier to clean. I've also been just cleaning it with bath soap and a washcloth while I'm in the shower. Sure it's not as 'clean' as it would be if I used bleach/chemicals, but I actually clean it more often this way! :O

Marrae
04-26-2005, 01:24 PM
No question about it - ironing.
I put it off for ages and then the stuff at the bottom of the pile has ironed itself. :)

boonpnutsmom
04-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Right now filing, I am behind almost a year, I have a drawer full, and a big basket full need to get this done soon. I'm closing June's books this morning so that is a bunch of paperwork that can be put away. AND yes that is June of LAST year, I told you I was behind.