PDA

View Full Version : Let's dream, shall we?

mykidsmom
04-13-2005, 05:31 PM
What is your *PERFECT* homeschool environment? Everything from the room to educational tools. Here's mine:

First, I'd like a large seperate room complete with book cases, drawers, tables and anything else which will keep us organized. An area with pillows and other comfy things for us to snuggle up and read.

2. Art supply galore. Everything you need to create whatever you wanted. From sewing to painting to molding, etc....

3. Lots of books on the subjects my ds is most interested in, as well as resources. CDs, DVDs, Videos, etc.

4. A Green House. It's so exciting to watch something grow and ds likes it, too. :P

5. Lots of land to house a few animals and build things. Also, so that ds can get some of that boyish energy out whenever he needs to.

6. A few misc. things like telescopes, microscopes, a copy machine (oh yeah :lol ), and a lamenator.

I'll probably add more later, but here's our start. Go for it! :)

mommyTay
04-13-2005, 06:28 PM
It seems strange, but now that I think about it, I think I have just about everything I want! :eek

What I do still need is
1. an organized area to work in~ it's in process, but not quite there yet
2. a better understanding of the curriculums I am trying to use. Sad, isn't it! Great stuff, I am just having trouble pulling it all together and keeping the kids motivated to accomplish it all.
3. A little more self-discipline. I am too easily distracted and the kids know it and take advantage of it.

CelticJourney
04-14-2005, 07:13 AM
If I could just get a robot to do the housework and cook so I could devote myself to school all day, we could change the world with the 'net' and a library card.

Quietspirit
04-14-2005, 07:44 AM
I would love to have learning environments all over the house. For example: A book corner in each room (working on this), an art area complete with all supplies (working on this), a greenhouse, a birding station, several acres of land, better organizational skills, and unlimited funds with which to purchase "WOW"'s! ;)

threecubs
04-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I'll just borrow your list! LOL I am very much the same. We are hoping to move soon, and my number ones are space to have some outdoor animals (we already have bunnies), gardens, and space enough indoors to have room for our educational supplies!
Toni

Chris3jam
04-14-2005, 05:36 PM
First, I'd like a large seperate room complete with book cases, drawers, tables and anything else which will keep us organized. An area with pillows and other comfy things for us to snuggle up and read.

2. Art supply galore. Everything you need to create whatever you wanted. From sewing to painting to molding, etc....

3. Lots of books on the subjects my ds is most interested in, as well as resources. CDs, DVDs, Videos, etc.

4. A Green House. It's so exciting to watch something grow and ds likes it, too.

5. Lots of land to house a few animals and build things. Also, so that ds can get some of that boyish energy out whenever he needs to.

6. A few misc. things like telescopes, microscopes, a copy machine (oh yeah ), and a lamenator.

Yep. Pretty much! :D It would have to be a HUGE room! With a lab. A place to put all the science experiments, the tadpoles -- the hermit crabs, the caterpillars, the lizards, the cloud experiments, the growing experiments, the change-the-colors-on-the-flowers exp., etc. A computer for each child (with printer), with very safe internet hook-up (only a few approved sites available). Enough nice level land so they can play baseball, soccer, whatever -- with a few well-placed trees for any climbing/treehouse building Much building supplies (wood, hammers, nails, screws, etc.). Many musical intruments with which to experiment (banjo, guitar, piano, violin, flutes, coronets, etc.).

And, the piece de resistance, a cleaning lady. One who will clean my house, scrub my toilets, help with some laundry, mop the floors, dust the furniture, so I can spend pretty much *all* my time and undivided attention with my children. I will still cook -- I love cooking (and HATE the clean-up), and I have at least two who would love to help.

(ok -- waking up now).

mykidsmom
04-15-2005, 08:43 AM
Oh yes, I didn't think of musical instruments! I love that idea!

I'm also loving the maid/robot idea.

<sigh>Do I have to wake-up? :lol