PDA

View Full Version : sleeping aids

amstermarie
04-13-2005, 04:30 PM
i have a 4.5 yr old that i believe is not sleeping threw the night. i need to sleep with him, when i do he is all over the bed, when i get out of the bed he wakes up and goes to look for me. i think he is waking even when i am in the bed, but i dont know it b/c he goes back down, but always in a different spot. he has pdd/ autism, so i was wondering what you could suggest to try to help him sleep better. i have heard of melatonin, but i dont really know the dose, is this good or should i try something else.

cobluegirl
04-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Have you tried herb for kids valerian? it might help. Also homeopathic remedies might be helpful.

Hopeful
04-14-2005, 10:14 AM
I have no idea if a child would accept to eat this but 2 ts each of honey and apple cider vinegar 30 min before bedtime has always worked for me...and I have been a difficult sleeper every since childhood.

Also, ANY form of caffeine will make sleeping more difficult (including cola drinks, chocolate, chocolate milk, cocoa).

I know that as a child if I could see light coming thru the window I would assume it was OK to get up.

Hope you find a solution soon.