PDA

View Full Version : AP = Attached Pussycat :)

Mother Duck
04-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Just have to share about our cat!

Yesterday she gave birth to six kittens!! :clap She's such a great mummy! :redheart She also has a four month old kitten (Hope) who is very attached to mummy cat! Actually the four month old still suckles at times! :eek Well last night was Hope's first night outside without her mummy. She stood at the door and cried :cry2 So Momo (Smokey) the mother cat, settled her newborn kittens and went outside and "talked" to Hope. Then Momo came inside to her kittens but Hope was still calling her. Momo went outside again and all went quiet!! Momo had gone to settle Hope for the night :D Hope was fine all night until dh got up to go to work at about 6am :)

I thought it was great to see AP in action in the animal kingdom. :highfive

godsgracegiven
04-13-2005, 04:32 PM
That is so neat, :) I use to have two doggies like that. They were sisters...lol :lol

flowermama
04-13-2005, 04:47 PM
That is sooo sweet! :heart :)

Iarwain
04-13-2005, 05:26 PM
How neat! A cat that is tandem nursing! That is such a sweet story. :heart

ArmsOfLove
04-14-2005, 10:57 AM
that is such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing that :)

boonpnutsmom
04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
:heart I know I am silly but I am sitting here crying at this. Ok off to Dr...

Sanveann
04-14-2005, 07:51 PM
That is sweet, but I am a little concerned that your kitty has had two litters in four months. I hope this is her last one! :)

Mother Duck
04-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Yes, this will be her last one :) we were going to get her spayed after her first litter but then we thought she got pg, but turned out not to be until later.

She is going to a cat rehoming centre with her kittens in about 5 weeks as we are moving overseas in a little over 6 weeks :) This place will find her a good home and her kittens too. They don't put them down so that is great for us. We will be sad to see her go though :cry2

boonpnutsmom
04-14-2005, 10:36 PM
My pumpkin cat had 2 litters in less than 4 months, she got out one day postpartum and was hapai again right away. She was under one year old at the time. Out of 6 births only two survived I kept both. Pumpkin had to be put down last APril just a year ago due to salivary gland carcinoma at the age of 11 - her "babies" are still with us, Alani turned 10 on Feb 28 and Kitty will be 10 on May 14.

Sanveann
04-15-2005, 05:15 AM
That is good to know :)

domesticzookeeper
04-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Scully (who, btw, was preggo when we rescued her ;)) still allows her 8-month old kittens to nurse themselves to sleep. She's spayed and no longer has any milk, but I think they just do it for comfort: mama and her babies, all purring and snuggly :heart