PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm

Garnet
04-13-2005, 03:31 PM
My 3 yr old is now school shy, since they lost him, and then yelled at him for it, he doesn't want to go back. My 8 yr old is failing miserably, and is having bigger issues with bad behavior both here and school. So, I'm thinking.....why am I sending them to public school again? They don't really seem to care about my kids, my 8 yr old is falling through the cracks, my 3 yr old is scared to death to go to school, etc etc. My 3 yr olds teacher came to my dd's class to deliever a note that Hugh would not be able to come to the field trip, since he hadn't turned in his money....no kidding lady! It was $20! For a field trip! First off, no way am I going to pay $20 for a filed trip, but next, I'm not giving my kid to you so you can take him on a bus to another city and lose him again! Hugh has only been to school 2x! They day you lost him and yelled at him for it, and the day after! Thats it! ARGH!
So please, remind me, why am I doing this? :shrug

Micah
04-13-2005, 03:37 PM
So please, remind me, why am I doing this? :shrug

Hmmm, I don't know? :shrug

Even if my boys went to PS, I sure couldn't send my 3 year old!

I mean years ago there was no Kindergarden, they started that to 'prepare' for first grade..then they had 4 year old preschool to 'prepare' for grade K, now it's 3 year old preschool to 'prepare' for 4 year old preschool, so I wonder....how long will it be before they take them at birth to 'prepare' them? ;)

*disclaimer, I have no intention to offend anyone whose child is in preschool...some people feel that's best, or they need to for reasons of work, dh submission etc....for my kids...it's not.... these are just my personal thoughts and not so humble opinions. ;)

Garnet
04-13-2005, 03:50 PM
It was my dh's idea :rolleyes I am getting to the point where he and I have nothing in common, I want the kids home, he wants them gone, I want them to play outside, he wants them stuck up in the house. Hugh wanted to go to school. He would beg, but now he doesn't want to.

Micah
04-13-2005, 04:32 PM
:hugs

fourbygrace
04-13-2005, 05:14 PM
:hug

I would not send my 3 year old to school, even if my older children were in school. There is really no benefit to it. I would especially not send him if he had the experience that your little boy had so far. I think it will only prove to cause him to dislike school before he even gets to the age where he would be in school (by law). My dh ran away from school when he was in Kindergarten and his experience with school was less than positive even though he is a very brilliant man.

I will pray that you and your dh can come to an agreement for this little guy.

Blessings & prayers,
Mary

ShangriLewis
04-13-2005, 05:25 PM
I remember when I was sending Gibran to school. I had planned to homeschool, but then I thought it would just be easier and the school was nice. After, we moved I didn't send him back and I'm so happy we are homeschooling.

I think I know why you aren't homeschooling though.

You are a very busy woman and your dh may not be able to handle the children by himself that much.

(ducking)
Heather :hug

CelticJourney
04-14-2005, 07:12 AM
I have always been afraid they would lose my children !!! Poor thing. A field trip to another city for 3 year olds? Warning: danger Ahead!!

I am one of the directors for our large church's VBS and one of the things I do is walk the halls to make sure no one is lost!

Garnet
04-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Heather, no ducking! LOL. I think that is the problem. I honestly think my dh and I could give them a better education at home( hes a former teachers aide) but I am afraid he wouldn't like them to be home so much. We tried hsing for Christmas break and he did one day of work, in two weeks. So I just assumed he didn't like it. :shrug

CelticJourney
04-14-2005, 03:24 PM
<<he wouldn't like them to be home so much>>

Beats lost in another city by a long shot! Also, Christmas is no time for homeschooling - not even for those of us committed to it heart and soul. I make plans every year to take off from at least the middle of the month until after the holiday. Give it a trial run during the summer, after they have had a little time off.