PDA

View Full Version : I just got a bunch of computer software from Target....

erinee
04-13-2005, 12:40 PM
for $1 apiece! I got one on Leonardo DaVinci's inventions, one called Pharoah that looks like Sim City with ancient Egypt, a similar one called Caesar, and Amazon Rainforest, where you have to make your way through the Amazon, for Zach, and a Mercer Mayer interactive book, "Just Grandma and Me" and Muppets learning CD for Megan.

I also got some kid gardening tools (metal ones, not plastic), a gardening tool pouch, and some tomato and watermelon growing kits -- all for just $1 each! I love Target. :)

Booklover
04-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmmm.... Might have to go by Target tomorrow... Hopefully mine will have some of that stuff.

fourbygrace
04-13-2005, 05:04 PM
I have to go to Target this week, so I will have to look for this stuff.

Was it with the other computer programs or separate?

Thanks,
Mary

erinee
04-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Was it with the other computer programs or separate?

Our Target (they're probably all the same) has a $1 section right when you walk in. They were in that part.

We played the Amazon Rainforest game last night, and we both loved it! You learn map-reading skills, compass skills, and all about the people, animals, and plants of the Amazon. You can trade with people along with way and so have to make good decisions about what you need. It's really cool, and the graphics are great.

Booklover
04-16-2005, 10:41 AM
I found the software! We already had some of them, but I got the Leonardo one, and two "living books" ones for the younger ones. I also got Watermelon and Tomato kits and they had some great magnifying glasses. I got two 4" ones, $1 each. They seem pretty solid. I'll let the kids use one and save one to take on nature walks so it doesn't get too scratched up. And a little ant farm.

Chris3jam
04-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Well, thanks a lot! I just went to Target, and got all that software, some little herb kits, puzzles, jewelry making stuff (for dd), stickers, tambourines, mouse pads, etc. Dh is gonna KILL me! ;) Granted, it is all $1.00, and some of it for "school", but he's gonna KILL me!!! And, to set him off, I will tell him about all the stuff I DIDN'T get!!

(Oh, good golly, he's gonna KILL me!) :P

erinee
04-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, thanks a lot! I just went to Target, and got all that software, some little herb kits, puzzles, jewelry making stuff (for dd), stickers, tambourines, mouse pads, etc. Dh is gonna KILL me! ;) Granted, it is all $1.00, and some of it for "school", but he's gonna KILL me!!! And, to set him off, I will tell him about all the stuff I DIDN'T get!!

(Oh, good golly, he's gonna KILL me!) :P

:lol Those dollar deals can add up, can't they? Just make sure you let him know how much you saved! I looked up some of that softward online, and it was at *least* 9.95 (plus shipping).

Enjoy!

Chris3jam
04-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey, erinee, how old is your Megan? I've got one too!

erinee
04-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey, erinee, how old is your Megan? I've got one too!

She just turned 3. How about yours?

Chris3jam
04-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Wow! That's my Megan in my avatar. She turned 3 in Oct. 2004. That's so cool! :D I wish you lived closer! :D

MamaBeth
04-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Sarah used to have a three-disc Muppets game for the computer that she absolutely loved. It was mostly phonics/letter games, but she loved it. I have no idea what happened to it, and I have no idea what it was called to see if I can find another copy of it!

That's a great deal that you found though! We don't have any software anymore for the kids, they spend most of their time on the computer playing online games.

erinee
04-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Wow! That's my Megan in my avatar. She turned 3 in Oct. 2004. That's so cool! :D I wish you lived closer! :D

I've always loved that picture. She's just adorable! I'll bet they'd have so much fun together. I wish we lived closer, too!

fourbygrace
04-16-2005, 09:42 PM
We went to Target and got the software too. I just love that $1. section!

I would never have thought they would have software like that for so cheap!

Yeah! My oldest ds can't wait to play the Amazon Rainforest game. My boys' bedroom has a rainforest theme.

Blessings,
Mary

blessedmomof4
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
:tu Thanks so much for posting about these! I went to get groceries and looked. We got the DaVinci, Caesar III, and a Garfield game. The girls and I just loaded and played the Caesar one....SO fun!! I really wish they had the Pharoah one!!!!

Chris3jam
04-19-2005, 07:14 AM
WARNING! Careful with the software! I don't know if it was just a coincidence (probably), but the Pharoah game crashed our computer! We had to reload Windows and everything! I talked to dh (he spent most of the day restoring and setting up the computer again), and he said it just could have been a coincidence, but software like that isn't regulated in any way, and it's hard to tell. I'm SO hoping it's just a coincidence! We reloaded that game on there after he got everything up and running again, so we'll see today. *I* am enjoying it! You have to work FAST to get your city set up! :D Ours kept burning to the ground! :D

Chris3jam
04-19-2005, 09:53 AM
OK. It must have been a coincidence. Our computer hasn't crashed yet, and they've (we've) been playing it all morning. This is school, right? :D

erinee
04-19-2005, 10:01 AM
WARNING! Careful with the software! I don't know if it was just a coincidence (probably), but the Pharoah game crashed our computer! We had to reload Windows and everything! I talked to dh (he spent most of the day restoring and setting up the computer again), and he said it just could have been a coincidence, but software like that isn't regulated in any way, and it's hard to tell. I'm SO hoping it's just a coincidence! We reloaded that game on there after he got everything up and running again, so we'll see today. *I* am enjoying it! You have to work FAST to get your city set up! :D Ours kept burning to the ground! :D

:eek I hope it works okay for you today! So far I haven't had any problem, except that I got the SpyKids one and we needed a puzzle book to go with it. But I went to The Learning Company's website and emailed them, and they sent me a link to download everything I needed, so we're good to go now. If anyone got that and needs the link to the puzzle book, let me know and I'll give it to you.

Booklover
04-19-2005, 04:28 PM
I didn't, but maybe I will go back this week...

mzietlow
05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
I LOVE TARGET TOO!

Can you tell me the exact name of the Leonardo DaVinci game, and a link to a website or company contact so I can check it out? Have not seen the software at the store. We were studying Da Vinci not long ago. He is an important character in the movie Ever After with Drew Barrymore if anyone else is studying him...

THANKS, THANKS!

Chris3jam
05-03-2005, 05:56 AM
The DaVinci one is called "Leonardo, The Inventor". As far as I can tell, it's from Broderbund. There is no link, and I can't find it anywhere, and I've tried the Broderbund site and others. I'm sorry. :sad2

mzietlow
05-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Bummer! But thank you anyway! :think