PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Table Question

OnlyBelieve
04-13-2005, 10:23 AM
What can I put on my coffee table that is decorative, yet toddler safe? My table is wooden and glass. I would like something that she cannot destroy and something that she cannot use to hurt herself, nor damage the furniture. Inexpensive would be great too since soon I will be able to return my breakables to the table. I do not like the bare coffee table look at all.
Thanks!!

ServantofGod
04-13-2005, 12:01 PM
A basket. Maybe with those grapevine balls in it. I like the spartan look myself, so I might not be much help.

gracefuljourney
04-14-2005, 04:33 AM
I don't know if this would help you . . . but we just made our coffee table the decoration. I have a huge square coffee table, wooden. I had three Beatrix Potter books, very old and it was to the point that we couldnt' look at them anymore, the pages were brittle and the bindings broken. We painted the coffee table basil green and decoupaged the pages from the books onto the top of the table. It is so beautiful and unique. Coincidentally, the day we did it was Beatrix Potter's birthday . . . we found out later. I will see if my daughter can help me post a picture of it.