PDA

View Full Version : Would CD's stop the leaks and sagging we're experiencing with disposables?

Learninggentleness
04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
I posted a question about my son's use of diapers during sleep times, but I have a more specific question for this board. During the night and sometimes naptime Caleb fills up his diaper pretty easily. He oftentimes has a mess in the morning for me to deal with because after a full night of peeing, he wakes and goes poop in his diaper almost like clockwork :rolleyes. We're working on making sure he knows that he can get out of bed to do this and use the toiliet.

I read a few posts where people said that that cloth diapers prevent leaks and sagging much more than disposables do. We have been using disposables all along, but if cloth diapers would help this situation I am interested in buying him some or using a diaper service until he's completely able to only wear underwear.

What do you any of you think about that?

Micah
04-13-2005, 07:49 AM
I've had great sucess with nighttime cloth.

I use a Motherease All In One for night time....we've had no leaks!
I put 2 of the size small Motherease doublers in there.

That's the only time I use AIO's.

Before I went to ME products...I did use a wonderoo pocket diaper with a Chinese Prefold as the stuffer and that worked great too! However he outgrew that quite fast....so they do run small IMO.

I've also had sucess with a WAHM made AIO Pocket diaper stuffed with a CPF, but had to use a bummis whisper pull up pant over it as it would wick ever so slightly at the velcro.

But no leaks, no gaps....and no poop came out!

If you decide to NOT use cloth and continue with sposies...you can always put a breathable pull up pant cover over that as well. :)

Katydid
04-13-2005, 05:19 PM
We also use cloth at night (and during the day ;) ) and my Ds usually has a BM in the morning before I change him, too. Now, granted my ds is younger than yours, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but we have never had a leak or blow out with cloth (except with bad diaherria (sp?)) We use prefolds, and at night we put a regular sized one with an infant sized one inside, with Bummis pants over that. We love this combo... it has suited our needs and is fairly inexpensive.
I would say that it might be worth getting a few cloth diapers for use at night to see what you think... if you like them, you can also use them for future children, if you hate them, they have great resale value on e-bay, etc.

Hope that helps!

nutmeggmama
04-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Yes to the sagging. The leaking is different for everyone.
Cloth doesnt really swell when its wet. It just gets heavy.

maybe if you do that, caleb will realise hes wet?
nak :nak

Wholly Mama
04-18-2005, 06:31 PM
:nak
If I were you, I'd invest in some toddler sized prefolds, a snappi, and an Aristocrats wool cover. That's been the winning combination for us with our heavy night-wetting 4 yo.