PDA

View Full Version : 2 1/2 yo drinking the bathwater...and other problems--help!

Shawn
04-12-2005, 07:21 AM
How can i get her to stop drinking the bathwater? I will usually: ask her not to, remind her, warn her, take her out of the tub. It happens every night. :rolleyes

Also--she's already sarcastic (can't imagine where she gets it from :rolleyes ;) ) We do diaper changes on the floor. Yesterday I layed dd#2 on the floor for a change and she comes round. I tell her to watch her step. So, she looks down at her feet and leaps over the baby :eek :doh :rolleyes I'd like to move diaper changes to another area, but we just don't have one...

I feel like crawling into the comfort corner and munching :cookie's

MarynMunchkins
04-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Is there a reason she can't drink the bath water? :/ I just let my kids drink it - it won't hurt them, and they realize that it doesn't taste good. ;) I also remind them that Colin doesn't know how to potty in the toilet, and might pee in the tub. :mrgreen

And at 2.5, you have to give very specific directions. Try "Walk around the baby so you don't trip and fall on her." :)

ArmsOfLove
04-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, if my kids are so dirty they can't drink the bathwater then I hose them off first ;) and they can't drink it after hairwashing because the soap can give them diarrhea, but we do that last.

Although with my first I thought it was gross :) If it's the line you choose to draw then I'd warn her once and then get her out.

Rather than sarcastic, sounds like she's a very literal 2yo--she watched her feet while she jumped :) Definately give very specific instructions of what *to* do!

greenemama
04-12-2005, 10:43 AM
here are some :cookie :cookie :cookie and some :hkiss :hkiss :hkiss and maybe some :cup

i don't worry about the bath water. it's gross, but, well, it's really not as gross as other things! :shrug maybe i'm just gross. ;)

if henry is around while i'm changing jude i try to find another spot after getting henry interested in something else. he has a hard time "watching out" and thank you crystal for the reminder that he's literally "watching" and not just ignoring me. :O

schoolofmom
04-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I can't stand when my kids drink the bathwater, so what I do is wash them off first thing, then let them play. The first time they sip at it, I say, "Eww, bathwater's dirty--don't drink it!" If they keep on drinking it, it's time to get out. Not as a punishment, just 'cause that's not something I'm willing to have happen.

Ali
04-12-2005, 01:20 PM
My DS also drinks bathwater, but I'm with the mommas that don't mind. I remember drinking bathwater as a kid. I guess my mom didn't care either! Unless there really is something gross in the water, like we are bathing to clean up a diaper explosion, or we've been swimming in the lake (eeeeww!!), then I just let him have at it. I figure it's good practice at drinking from a cup! If I felt otherwise, I would do what schoolof mom does. It may take a while, but I am a beliver in consistency.

Shawn
04-13-2005, 03:09 AM
Is there a reason she can't drink the bath water?

The main reason is because we've been washing her hair first, and I don't want her to get the squirts. I never thought of washing her hair last :O Where's the ditzy emoticon? :lol Bath times will be less stressful now...

I'll try specific directions for walking around baby. She seems to think that 'hurdle the baby' is just the greastest game ever, and will attempt to do so every time we put M down, even if we're sitting right beside her... :rolleyes

Thanks!