PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who like Motherease CD...

Learninggentleness
04-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Do you think I should get the Sandy's as opposed to the one size diapers? I am due to have my baby soon and will be using a diaper service for the first four weeks at least. During that time I want to possibly buy some CD for her to use. I don't want the diapers to be too bulky though - a woman I know said she doesn't like using CD because none of the clothes she had for her son fit with them on. It really frustrated her. I wouldn't like that either.

milkmommy
04-12-2005, 12:00 AM
I LOVE sandy's! I'd go ahead and invest in some of the XS unless your really expecting a big baby. Well worth it. I like the MEOS also but love love the sandys. Get unbleached.

Deanna

Havilah
04-12-2005, 05:13 AM
I'm not a super duper fan of fitteds, but Sandy's were my favorite! They are really nice.

ArmsOfLove
04-12-2005, 10:51 AM
I guess it depends on lots of things. I get the OS because of cost effectiveness--they fit for so long. And I *can* get them on babies under 10 pounds, it's just bulky. If money isn't an issue and bulk is, get the Sandy's; if money is an issue then I'd rather deal with bulk :) hth

Micah
04-12-2005, 02:25 PM
I bought both and while OS will save you $$ in the long run, I too prefer to pay more for the Sandy's.... :)
You can usually get pretty good deals on Sandy's off the motherease boards or ebay.

I would not buy them for a newborn though because of the cost and they grow so quick at that age!

Learninggentleness
04-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Not to be-labor this thread, but part of the problem I forsee with the one size diaper is that her clothes won't fit her. I had mentioned earlier that someone I know doesn't like cloth diapers for that reason. Has anyone had a problem with that? Cost is an issue for us - I'd prefer to go the cheaper route, but I don't want to end up with gigantic diapers that she can't wear her cute clothes with (this friend of mine said that clothes these days were made with disposable diapers in mind, which are less bulky than cloth).

Larissa
04-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I bought one of the Motherease one size fitteds and put it on my 3 week old...and it just didn't work. He was 6 pounds when he was born and the ME one size diaper was just too big and bulky...and didn't work so well for me. I had a newborn set of diapers that I used for the first 9-10 weeks...and could have used them longer but went ahead and started using the other One-size fitteds that I bought. I ended up getting the Sammy's One Size fitteds from thebabymarketplace.com - and I absolutely love those...can't say enough good about them. They are far more absorbant than the ME one sizes. They are wonderful. They also fit him pretty well when he was about 9 weeks old...and even better now.

I personally, think that a newborn set is worth it. They are just so tiny...and it's nice to have a diaper that fits them well..even if it's only for a couple of months..to three months.
The good thing about having a newborn set is that you could resell them for a good price since you don't use them very much...or you can use them again and again for more babies, if you plan to have more.

Micah
04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
(this friend of mine said that clothes these days were made with disposable diapers in mind, which are less bulky than cloth).

YES that is true...I've found it to be true with every cloth diaper I've tried to be honest..if you go cloth, you need to realize that your baby is going to have a big butt! ;)

Learninggentleness
04-12-2005, 09:07 PM
The way you put that big butt comment was really funny to me. :lol

Micah
04-13-2005, 06:16 AM
The way you put that big butt comment was really funny to me. :lol

LOL yes...big ole cloth diaper bootie! We have one of those at our house. :)
People who have never used cloth or have no idea that we use cloth think Micah has a huge butt! :)
Maybe they figure it's inherited! :shrug :laugh

If he wore sposies he'd wear 12 months size pants, however with his 'big butt' we need to go 18 months...which *can* pose an 'issue' because they are a bit long...so we roll cuffs a bit.

I am working on buying some butt sweaters (wool)...they have huge bubble butts and shorter, very lightweight legs, I think they'll work awesome for him as he's short anyway. ;) And what is neat about these is they work as the cover and the pants...so no seperate cover needed! These come in 'shorts' as well! So I plan to buy enough for them to be his wardrobe until he's potty trained. :)

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/43717673736464.jpg

BeckaBlue
04-13-2005, 08:05 AM
when ppl see nik w/ a big butt they assume he needs a diaper change :rolleyes like im gonna leave my baby in a sposie till it's that huge! i guess that goes because there's almost NOBODY in town who use cloth :shrug

Larissa
04-13-2005, 12:06 PM
People are always commenting to me that Aaron is so big!!! Or look at that bubble bottom...alot of times I will explain that it's the cloth diaper...and that he's really rather small...other times I just leave it.

nutmeggmama
04-13-2005, 10:11 PM
yes...jonas has a huge ME bubble butt...and that is ok with us.. If you are going to have a diaper service, you wont need extra small sandies. Just get the small ones. And the rikki covers are much trimmer than the air flow. I would suggest getting an airflow for night time for extra ventilation. Most jammies allow for more room in the rear.
if you really are concerned about cute outfits, most dresses arent a problem (girl, right?). if you keep some fuzzibuns around for the trimmer outfits you should be good to go.
i love the onesize, but at some point i wanted cute dipes for selah so i integrated. jonas is a ME boy. we'll see. i felt some fitted just didnt get as clean as the ME get..they can take a good beating in the wash.

milkmommy
04-13-2005, 10:46 PM
I know my DD fit the XS sandys till she was around 8 months she was about 3 months when we first got them the smalls fit till she was around 2 years. I do love the MEOS also especially because they can fir for such a long time.
Deanna

nutmeggmama
04-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Deanna...how big was your daughter? :think
Did you even have to buy Large Sandy's?
:crazy

milkmommy
04-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Deanna...how big was your daughter? :think
Did you even have to buy Large Sandy's?
:crazy

She was 5 lbs 10oz when she came home super skinny legs shes always een on the lean side. I never bought large sandys but if I used them today I would need larges, the smalls can just barly be fastened on her she really needs a large.

Deanna

nutmeggmama
04-14-2005, 11:06 AM
large meaty thighs run in my family :roll
and my husband, and now noah have extremely defined quads and glutes...
my kids dont have a chance at skinny legs.
:shifty