PDA

View Full Version : Any washing machine recommendations?

erinee
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
We need a new one. I have no idea what to get, except that dh says we can't afford a front loader. He's hoping to spend around $400.

BeckaBlue
04-10-2005, 08:00 PM
kenmore is usually really good

I have a hotpoint right now, not a big fan, but it does the job enough. i much preferred kenmores

fourbygrace
04-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I have found Kenmore to be the best for us, for ALL appliances ( and I don't work for Sears :smile).

My parents had a Kenmore when I was a child and we have had two since being married. In our first house, the previous owners left an old Kenmore (about 15 year old machine) and it was still working when we moved 2 years later, so we blessed the new owners with it and bought a new one for our new house. That was ten years ago and it is still going strong. Never a problem.

Blessings,
Mary

Iansmama
04-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I was going to say a front loader! :( Sorry! I would love to have one too! Maybe someday when dh is finished with school....

Ours is a Kenmore too, and so far we have not had any complaints (it is 3.5 years old). Ours is the pretty standard model - 4 load sizes and 4 temp settings.

Desert Rose
04-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I love Maytag. :) Also, our local Maytag store always beats everyone's prices. Always, without exception.

tree_hugger
04-12-2005, 01:24 AM
dh says we can't afford a front loader

Front loaders do require a bit more of an outlay in the beginning, but they also use much less water than a top-loader, so you will save over time. :)

Ali
04-12-2005, 10:30 PM
I got to say ditto on the Sears Kennmore. Consumer reports always rates them highly and as very reliable. Whirlpool is also good (I believe they are actually made my Kennmore, if I'm not mistaken). Anyway, they also have a big range of models, so with $400, you can probably have a choice between a couple models.

Reva
04-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Another vote for a Kenmore! We've had ours for 8 years now and haven't had any problems!! (knock on wood)

Of course, I'm dreaming of a front loader too. I always tell dh that if anything happens to the washing machine we have, we're getting a front loader!

erinee
04-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Thanks everyone! We're going to go out shopping tonight. I'll definitely keep Kenmore in mind.

grandmama
04-13-2005, 07:22 AM
We bought a set of Maytags last spring and I have beenr really happy with them.

My last set was purchased 14 years ago (in real appliance years, not mom of 6 children years)and we kept it alive with new belts etc.
My husband had decided that the next time there was a problem we were getting a new set.
They are the largest size you can get and don't have lots of bells and whistles....just what I wanted.

erinee
04-13-2005, 07:47 AM
(in real appliance years, not mom of 6 children years)

:lol