PDA

View Full Version : stripping again...

milkmommy
04-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Blah I'll be glad when my Allens arrives I used to use it and loved it but tried to use "others" to save money gosh what a waste! DH said were getting the biggie and aren't gonna feel a bit guilty!
I washed yesterday but whne ever I put on on DD today it reeked of amonia almost right away. I got me some more RLR balls and I'm re washing/stripping... so many suds its pathetic. :rolleyes days like this I wonder if cloth is the better choice for us.. :hissyfit

Deanna

Laura
04-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Oh Deanna, I feel your pain. I'm stripping today too. we get the nasty pee smell as soon as she pees, which thankfully isn't often. It seems like no matter what we use we get buildup here because of our water. Ugh, good luck.

wuzzie
04-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Isn't Allen's the same as Sportswash? You can get that really cheap at walmart. It gets rid of all odors and suposedly rinses all out.

milkmommy
04-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Isn't Allen's the same as Sportswash? You can get that really cheap at walmart. It gets rid of all odors and suposedly rinses all out.

No sports wash is the same as Sensi clean I've tried it before but something in it give DD rashes and while it helps with the stink its not good on stains (though Id rather them smell good) ;) I did go to walmart to get some outta desperation and they were out :hissyfit. I used to use Allen natural and LOVED it! We ordered some more so I'm waiting on it right now. Though good news once I started adding GSE to the wash NO more rashes! just stinkyness :rolleyes

Deanna

anniegirl
04-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Aw Deanna what a bummer! :hug I feel your pain. I've always wanted to try Allens but haven't wanted to spend the money. In a couple months I'll have to ask you how you're liking it.

wuzzie
04-12-2005, 12:25 PM
OK, I get it. Have you tried adding vinagar to the rinse? Just about 1/4 of a cup? Spmetimes that can help with stink.