PDA

View Full Version : Dd's birthday cupcakes

Mamatoto
04-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Our party is on a Sunday afternoon so we are having a fruit tray, a veggie tray, iced tea, maybe just maybe some 7UP :shifty, and some sort of cupcake. Any suggestions for a delicious healthy cupcake? I will make a raw cake, too, for those in our family who are g/f.

BeckaBlue
04-10-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure about the cuypcake, but i got my curiousity up, what's a raw cake/how do you make it?

flowermama
04-12-2005, 04:41 AM
I'm sorry for not replying sooner. :( Did you find a good recipe? How did it go? :)

I'm also interested in hearing about the raw cake, too. :)

Mamatoto
04-16-2005, 11:41 AM
I decided to make chocolate cream filled cupcakes with organic chocolate icing (dairy free and Feingold approved :)). I will post my Walnut Creme Cake (raw) recipe later...I have to go make my cupcakes now. The party is tomorrow. I am excited but a bit disappointed because the kite that I ordered on ebay for dd never came and it is a kite party. I have a bunch of cheapie kites but I really wanted her to have the silk one...oh, well, a short a vent there. ;)

gamomof2
04-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Are you on a raw foods diet, Jodi? If so I have 2 really awesome raw foods cookbooks that I would be glad to send you! Just LMK. :)

Mamatoto
04-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Ummm...I was...I want to be...I need new motivation...

Yes, I need some wonderful raw cookbooks!!!! :tu

My raw cake was a huge hit at the party!!! It was completely gone! I had the Feingold dairy free cupcakes, a gluten free chocolate cake, the raw cake, and fruits and veggies. We have all sorts of allergies in my family! But everyone seemed to find something they could eat. :)

Does anyone still want the raw Walnut Creme Cake recipe?

BeckaBlue
04-19-2005, 07:27 PM
i do!

Mamatoto
04-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Combine 1 cup ground walnuts, 1 cup of raisins, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Add 3-4 Tbsp. of raw shredded coconut. Press onto a flat plate. Blend 1/2 cup walnuts, 3 Tbsp. raw honey, and the juice of one lemon. Spread the "cream" mixture over the crust. Decorate with blueberries, cut up strawberries, and kiwi (or any fruit you like). :yum

gamomof2
04-19-2005, 08:02 PM
That sounds like an awesome recipe! I want to try some raw fruit pies for the holidays this year. The one cookbook that I have that is my favorite is called "Sunfood Cuisine". It's got a wealth of information, as well as a tremendous amount of recipes. I also have a Raw Soups & Smoothies cookbook, as well as a book about being on a raw foods diet in the real world. It's called "Raw Secrets". Just PM your address and I'd be glad to send them! :)