PDA

View Full Version : Treating ringworms

TillSuper6
04-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Hey Ladies,

Can anyone tell me the best way to treat ringworms, have tried peroxide and a little bit of tea tree oil. Is there anything else to help with them.l

milkmommy
04-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey Ladies,

Can anyone tell me the best way to treat ringworms, have tried peroxide and a little bit of tea tree oil. Is there anything else to help with them.l

Its fungual you need a fungal cream one combined with a cortosoine works best adding some GSE to his diet can also help fight infection. A doctor can provide the cream needed. I've had ring work it bites big times I'd go to a doctor they can give cream that will clear it fast.

Deanna

mykidsmom
04-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, my ds caught ringworm years ago from another kid at church (found out this poor kid had all over is scalp :( ) and we used Tea Tree Oil. It worked like a charm. Took about a week to completely go away. He didn't even notice it was there... :)

raisa
07-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Bumping this up to see if anyone has any other ideas on this.

Do you use the tea tree oil straight (it's pretty strong that way) or dilute it (if so with what?)

Any other dietary ideas or advice? What kind of antifungal cream (we have lotrimin?) I am definitely cutting way back on sugars and trying to get our diets back in balance, but I would appreciate any other ideas.

ranade3
07-05-2005, 06:29 PM
My dd came home from Africa with ringworm but it was not diagnosed at first since she had other things we were dealing with. After two months I realized that she still had something on her scalp so the doctor cultured it and then put her on 6 weeks of oral anti-fungal meds. It seemed like the meds weren't doing anything so I started treating it myself with tea tree oil diluted with lavender, within a week it had disappeared. I really don't know if it was the combination of the oral meds and the tea tree oil or one or the other but whichever it was, the ringworm was gone for good. Thankfully we caught it before her hair started to break off.

mykidsmom
07-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I actually didn't dilute it at all. I never have diluted tea tree oil. I don't even know if your suppose to. :think

But as a side bar, tea tree oil works for all sorts of stuff, from Ring Worm to Nail Fungus. :sick :mrgreen