PDA

View Full Version : Oh, phooey!!

Chris3jam
04-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh, @%&.

Help!

How do I get dark blue Sharpie permanent marker off a painted wall?!? She went downstairs with daddy, found a marker way back in the boondocks, and marked up a hallway wall in about 5 seconds!

I've tried Clorox kitchen wipes and Windex.

PS -- it is a PERFECT circle (and one not so perfect)! :D Quite a milestone!

waremock
04-08-2005, 07:25 PM
The magic eraser???By: Scotch or Mr. Clean

Ali
04-08-2005, 09:39 PM
I second the Mr Clean Eraser. It got blue marker (not sure if it was sharpie) off my mom's wall. Worth a try and seems like they are pretty cheap!

BlessingsX4
04-09-2005, 06:27 AM
I will third the mr. clean magic eraser! it may take some working but it is a wonderful cleaner!

Lady TS
04-09-2005, 06:47 AM
If I remember right, alcohol is supposed to take ink out/off of things. It may take the paint off too, though. But the Magic Eraser might take the paint off also.
Try some rubbing alcohol..

Chris3jam
04-09-2005, 06:52 AM
Thanks, everyone! I'm on my way to go get a Magic Eraser now. I've tried alcohol before, and it really messed up the paint. So, I'm a little leery of trying that again!

expatmom
04-09-2005, 02:54 PM
When my ds colored on the hardwood floor with a permanent Jiffy marker, I was amazed to discover that a plain white (not pink) eraser took it off quite easily. I'm not sure about being on painted, more porous surfaces, but it is worth a try!