PDA

View Full Version : Yummy! Baked Apples!

JJsMom
04-08-2005, 01:01 PM
I made some baked apples last night and they were really good! I just made up this recipe, so I don't have exact amounts. I cored the apples almost to the bottom (make sure you don't go all the way through, juices have to stay in!) and remove some of the skin around the top of the apple. Then fill it with butter or marg. (I used that dairy free Spectra) and some maple syrup (or brown sugar), some raisins and some apple juice. Pour some apple juice around inside the dish too to baste it with and you could put some maple syrup around in there too. :yum Then bake it (I used these little ovensafe dishes, but you could put them in a pie plate or whatever kind of baking dish) for about 45 min at 350. You can take it out sooner or cook it longer depending on how firm you like it. Be careful, it's really hot! They were so good and seemed like a kind of fancy dessert! :yum :)

expatmom
04-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Mmm, those sound great and easy. I'm always looking for desserts that have lots of fruit in them. My kids are apple freaks, so I'm going to try this. Thanks for posting!

Thia
04-08-2005, 01:11 PM
They also go really good with vanilla ice cream! tee hee