PDA

View Full Version : best way to make citrus juice?

BeckaBlue
04-08-2005, 10:58 AM
theres gotta be something quicker and easier than hand squeezed!

I tried it in the juicer and it got too much of the skin taste (i peeled them vbut still the white stuff on it, kwim?) it was YUCK!

jujubnme
04-08-2005, 01:58 PM
By juicer do you mean the serious kind that makes carrot juice and such? Not that you want/need another contraption, but I have an electric citrus juicer (http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=211028) that works basically like a motorized reamer--gets just the juice and some pulp, not the pith. My mom bought it for me after I had serious lemonade cravings during my pg with Julius and was making fresh lemonade constantly. I haven't been making so much lemonade, but I do still use it when recipes call for 1/4 c. or more of citrus juice. And fresh-squeezed OJ... mmm. :yum :)

waremock
04-08-2005, 02:02 PM
We also make fresh OJ every morning in our Jack LaLanne's juicer :yum We peel and juice...the only time I remember it tasting yuck is when my dh decided to try leaving the skin completly on :eek

BeckaBlue
04-08-2005, 02:38 PM
yup, the 'serious' kind, ill hafta think about that citrus one, we use lemon juice quite a bit too, and i LOVE fresh squeezed lemonade and grapefruit juice!!

I actually use tangerines, we think ds is allergic to oranges too