PDA

View Full Version : gdiapers

BeckaBlue
04-08-2005, 10:39 AM
anyone heard about these? interesting concept. they have a cloth outer but flushable liner inside

"They massaged the design into gDiaper, which combines characteristics of disposable and cloth diapers. The liner lifts out, and then the paper pad is plopped into the toilet, swished with a plastic stick and flushed. The outer cotton pant fastens at the waist with Velcro, and an inner liner of a breathable, waterproof material holds a superabsorbent paper pad."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/portland_news/111286821567500.xml

2sunshines
04-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Look interesting. Great on the environment as opposed to disposables but it seems that the "pad" would have all the same chemicals and concerns that many moms have about 'sposies.

I also thought that when they metioned the price comparison, it was interesting:

Three gDiaper sizes will fit newborns to kids as much as 40 pounds. The starter kit, about $24, contains two outer pants and liners and 10 to 20 flushable pads. Refills of 32 to 40 are $14.. Conventional disposables cost about $2 each.

Conventional disposables cost about $2 each??? All I want to know is where are they buying their 'sposies?!!!

I must be missing something... :/

BeckaBlue
04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Three gDiaper sizes will fit newborns to kids as much as 40 pounds. The starter kit, about $24, contains two outer pants and liners and 10 to 20 flushable pads. Refills of 32 to 40 are $14.. Conventional disposables cost about $2 each.

Conventional disposables cost about $2 each??? All I want to know is where are they buying their 'sposies?!!!

I must be missing something... :/

I thought that was interesting too, when i buy em i get them for $6, a package of 26, and that sz 6!