PDA

View Full Version : teething!!

catholicapmom
04-08-2005, 05:01 AM
Bethany and I spent the night before last :hissyfit My poor baby!! She's so miserable. Not only is her first tooth coming in, but she has a bit of a cold. :( And she throws up everytime I give her Tylenol, so I have to give her a suppository for her fever and pain. :eek She loves that!! :rolleyes She hates orajel and this morning I thought that would make her puke. But thank goodness it didn't. :tu At least last night she slept well, which means I slept well. ;) Isn't barely 6 mos a little young to start teething? Alvin never had a problem with teething. They came in all at once without a tear. :)

DogwoodMama
04-08-2005, 08:50 AM
My dd got her first tooth at 5 months... sounds like she's right on schedule. I'm sorry she's having a rough time. :(

Have you tried Hyland's teething tablets? (they are dairy-based, though, not sure if your dd is OK with dairy).

catholicapmom
04-08-2005, 09:19 AM
i haven't tried them--what are they?

DogwoodMama
04-08-2005, 09:23 AM
They are a homeopathic remedy... if Tylenol makes your dd sick, this might work better. They dissolve almost instantly when you put them in their mouth, and they have a calming effect. They really helped my dd, especially when she was biting when nursing- I gave them to her a bit before she would nurse, and it calmed her down and made her less likely to chomp.

They don't work for *all* babies, but a lot of moms here find them really helpful. I can find them in the baby section of our local drugstore. :)

2sunshines
04-08-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time. :hug Teething is painful, and not only for the baby. ;)

I second trying Hylands teething tablets.

Also, have you tried any other methods of helping relieve teething pain? I'm sure there are lots of great suggestions if you do a search on this board.

Praying you have a better night tonight. :)

puffballpopple
04-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Just chiming in to say, try the Hyland's. They worked fine for my dd when she was teething, and she loved the taste. You can get them at WalMart.

Amanda

Radosny Matka
04-10-2005, 06:41 PM
:hug Poor little one. My lil' guy is drooling and chomping on everything. Teething stinks!

catholicapmom
04-11-2005, 04:34 AM
Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions! :grouphug I'm going to Wal-Mart later today so I'll try to find some of those tablets. :) My dh tried to look at her tooth the other day and couldn't see it. (You really only know it's there if you feel it or have a trained eye) Anyway, he said "All that screaming and nothing to show for it!" :lol