PDA

View Full Version : Sooo sad

Winkie
04-06-2005, 07:51 PM
I used to go to church with a woman I thought was really neat. At the time, she had 8 children & I just saw her mentioned in a homeschooling catalog (she writes curriculum) as having 9, so I thought I'd google her & see what I could find. Well... she has found Ezzo. :cry with baby #9! :banghead her website was talking about all the sleepless nights from years of on-demand feeding & extolling the virtues of Ezzos method & how wonderful, blah blah blah. My heart breaks. :cry

ArmsOfLove
04-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Oh no :( How sad :cry

Vipers_Princess
04-07-2005, 08:31 AM
That makes me :hissyfit So many people look up to mothers of large families to learn the tricks....

Winkie
04-07-2005, 09:40 AM
i know. i've been thinking of sending a gentle email pointing her to the ezzo.info site. in my googling, i found out that she's a speaker at our state homeschool convention. and what's on her site is the "perfect" ad for ezzo -- all these years of no sleep & now that she has babywise, all her problems are solved! she's even selling the babywise & childwise books. :cry

katiekind
04-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow. You'd think she would have more discernment than that. I understand the temptation, and I pray that her 9th baby is the easy type who has just "fallen" into line with the schedule easily. But of all people a mother of many children should understand how different baby temperaments can be.

chelsea
04-07-2005, 01:46 PM
i know. i've been thinking of sending a gentle email pointing her to the ezzo.info site.

That is a great idea! Think of how many people could be led astray if she preaches Ezzo at such a large convention! :bheart

BluegrassMama
04-07-2005, 04:12 PM
We can all take this as a warning, too! We have to be careful who we allow to influence us, and to what degree.

I can tell you that it 'is' harder to AP a high-needs baby at age 30, then it was at age 21! Especially with the other 3 to homeschool and mother. Physically its harder; I am tired. In every other respect it would be much harder to not AP.

The woodshed woman has similar remarks on her site (although I believe she does cue-bf, and keep the baby in the room at least)...that she did the AP thing with the first ones but it was impossible with a larger family.

I've heard the same thing from parents who got more punitive because they were homeschooling and had a hard time keeping order.

We have to pay attention to WHY we do what we do, and try not to listen to people who make big promises about perfect, easy children. It is lies and foolishness, but when you have alot on your plate it might sound tempting!

grandmama
04-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Please do send an e-mail with the link to the ezzo site.

You aren't responsible for her response but if you are aware of the problem, I believe you must contact her!

DebraBaker
04-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Sort of ot but how would you like to be known as "The Woodshed Woman" :sa

db

BluegrassMama
04-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I majored in tact in High School :blush

MarynMunchkins
04-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I think the email is a great idea! :tu

Maggie
04-14-2005, 12:53 AM
She's the woman who runs the Woodshed site. :shrug

Wendy, that's too bad. :( :hug I think writing the e-mail is a good idea, too! :tu