PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal clothing switch out

ArmsOfLove
04-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Well, it's gotten hotter here so today was clothing switch out day. I read a post by someone here that said their child was dressing themselves *including jacket* every morning because it was *warm* enough to go out and play :wow :laughtears We're back in the 80's during the day :rolleyes I pulled shorts and t-shirts back out :lol

so . . . when do you pull the summer clothes back out?

godsgracegiven
04-07-2005, 01:31 AM
No fair!!! :P I want to wear shorts!!! :hissyfit I have already done it, even though it has been pretty rainy latley. Wishful thinking, I guess...lol!! :)

OnlyBelieve
04-07-2005, 06:17 AM
I do not do the switch for dh or myself. We have enough space to keep it all in the closet, plus most of our clothes we wear for both seasons.
Then the children need new clothes each season so I have to buy more.
Around now is a good time to start doing that switch though.

Gretchen
04-07-2005, 06:28 AM
I'm hoping to start pulling out clothes today, mainly because the winter pjs are getting too warm for Anders at night. I also want to inventory the summer clothes I have for the kids (I always buy ahead) to see what is left to purchase. That said, the weather is highly unpredictable here and I don't anticipate anyone actually wearing shorts for a while, and the winter clothes won't get put away for another 2 months. :rolleyes

Gretchen

Sara
04-07-2005, 06:40 AM
I pulled my spring clothes out last week. Capris and 3/4-sleeve shirts mostly. I'll probably pull my summer clothes (shorts and t-shirts) out in May. My dh just came home from Phoenix and he is nice and tan, Crystal! He spent all of last weekend laying out by the pool apparently. :) Is there a jealous smiley!? :mrgreen

Iarwain
04-07-2005, 09:31 AM
We usually do our switching in May and September. We keep short sleeved shirts out year-round so our switching mostly consists of shorts and sleeveless tops/tanktops, the really summer-y stuff. We've had a few days up in the seventies, but we can't rely on consistently warm (as in no jackets) temps until mid-May. We are into spring jackets instead of winter ones just in the past couple weeks which is nice. :smile And yes, it is finally warm enough for the kids to play outside for more than a few minutes.

Booklover
04-07-2005, 03:44 PM
July, if I'm lucky :lol Just kidding (mostly). I usually leave a couple pair of shorts and some t's in case we have warm weather unusually early, and then I get the rest out when it's been warm a few days. No specific date. We don't put all the winter stuff away either. Mostly just the sweaters and turtlenecks. There are some coolish days here in the summer.

Havilah
04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Yesterday. I put a ton of things on hangers in the spare closet in preparation for next year's consignment sale :)

ShangriLewis
04-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Now that we are back in Washington it's too unpredictable. So, every season I go through the clothes and remove things that don't fit right and set aside play clothes. Anything too ruined goes to the rag pile. I move sizes around for the boys. I have 3 so I have a bunch of storage boxes in the basement for clothes. Basically, I go Baby (for the next baby and that is where all Escher's clothes go), Escher (that's where Porter's clothes go), Porter (that is where Gibran's old clothes go) and Gibran (that is where I put clothes I buy at garage sales for really cheap.

I like to keep a few pairs of pants for summertime in case it gets a rainy day or we go camping or hiking somewhere cooler. I pack away all the heavy jackets and just keep a few zip up sweatshirts.

Heather

snlmama
04-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Well, we never actually take the shorts and t-shirts out of the drawers, but this is about the time we go ahead and put the sweatshirts and long pants away (except for his church pants). We have freaky winters and end up needing short sleeves and/or shorts almost year round, but they do need long sleeves/pants a bit in the winter (we're in Texas).
Jackets? Mine almost never wear those. :D :mrgreen

mummy2boys
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
LOL...Down here in Australia we are putting away the summer clothes and pulling out the warmer ones ;)

But I do have to do the switch as not enough room here

fourbygrace
04-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I usually wait until Memorial Day to do the official switch off, and then Labor Day in the Fall. I am fairly "traditional" in that approach, I guess.

It has been 70 degrees this week and today we are having almost a blizzard. I keep one pair of shorts out for each dc all year long and a couple of short sleeve shirts. Then in Summer, I always keep a couple of pairs of jeans and long sleeve shirts for those unexpected days of cool as well as cool nights.

Blessings,
Mary

puffballpopple
04-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I started switching things out a few weeks ago.

Amanda

erinee
04-10-2005, 07:47 PM
I did it on Thursday, although we'll probably have some cool weather where we'll need sweaters. I always leave a couple of sweaters accessible anyway, because we take them on camping trips.