PDA

View Full Version : I finally wore him on my back!

Mama Bird
04-06-2005, 12:08 PM
I had given up on wearing my son. He's 2 years and 9 months. He is a very wiggly individual. :heart Our house is not far from our little downtown, and we needed to return some books to the library and go to the post office today. I got out the Kelty backpack carrier, thinking I'd carry him in it. (It's a bit too far for little legs to walk the whole thing, and the sidewalk is very close to the street.) Then I thought...it is warm today, and why should I carry all that extra weight? So, I tried slinging him on my back. It had never felt secure enough before, because he was too active in there. But today, he stood on my bed, then put his arms around my neck. I put the sling around us, and cinched him up tight. :P My precious DD helped get the fabric up around his armpits, and checked a few times on our walk. It felt wonderful, and my DS actually enjoyed it!

I loved slinging him when he was smaller. We started slinging at 2 days, and I wore him through his hospital stay when he was 2 weeks old. Our sling was a symbol of our bond. I've often thought of getting rid of it, since it just sits there on a hook on his door. I'm so glad I didn't! I'll throw it back in the "boxer shorts" bag...(he doesn't wear diapers anymore!) and use it every chance I get. :heart

Lyn
04-06-2005, 12:59 PM
How very cool! :)
I love the back carry too, but it does take some getting used to.

Leslie
04-06-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm impressed!

I have an Asian carrier that's supposed to be for on the back, but I still haven't had the guts to try it on my back. I'm still using is as a front carrier.

Does he pull your hair?

Mama Bird
04-06-2005, 01:20 PM
No, he doesn't pull my hair...but he does "boing" it. My hair is naturally curly, and hangs in spring-like curls, so he likes to gently pull them and say, "boing!" when it snaps back. :laughtears

Leslie
04-06-2005, 03:53 PM
No, he doesn't pull my hair...but he does "boing" it. My hair is naturally curly, and hangs in spring-like curls, so he likes to gently pull them and say, "boing!" when it snaps back. :laughtears

LOL! That is so funny!

Radosny Matka
04-07-2005, 11:03 AM
:mrgreen

poetic mama
04-11-2005, 07:13 PM
very cool :tu