PDA

View Full Version : flatulence

Irene
04-06-2005, 11:17 AM
not the most lady like discussion :shifty but since we talk about everything else here ;)

tell me...

what makes a person have gas, like what is it about beans, or broccoli or whatever that gives gas?

what about someone who is gassy all the time, no matter what they eat?

tell me about yeast... how do you know if you have it, and does it make a person really gassy?

okay I think thats all for now :hiding :whistle :blush

moosemama
04-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Flatulence is caused by indigestible or undigested particles of food reaching the large intestine, where our intestinal bacteria break them down, which causes gases in the intestines that wouldn't ordinarily be produced if the food had been completely digested to begin with. Here's an interesting short article I ran acrosshttp://science.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=question46.htm&url=http://medicalreporter.health.org/tmr0197/carstensen0197.html?filename=003124.htm.

For me personally, when I eat too much dairy, I get really super mega gassy :blush :blush I am lactose intolerant but the lactaid type products never seem to work for me (maybe that means it's not LI, I don't know...). There was a time a few years ago where I found that I was constantly gassy and it got to be quite embarrassing. I switched to soy milk on my cereal and within days I was getting better.

I don't know the answer to what you asked about yeast, although I did a quick google search on candida and did see a reference to flatulence being a symptom.

Irene
04-06-2005, 08:16 PM
okay thanks... that was a funny little article :D

I think I will research the yeast thing more too, even though I dont even want to think about it right now....

moosemama
04-07-2005, 05:35 AM
You're welcome!

Wasn't it kind of funny? But then, maybe it's the topic as much as the writing ;)

righteous mama
04-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Allison, I read the first part of your user name then began to read your post. So for me your post began...moose flatulence... :laughtears Puts a whole new spin on things.

Mothering by Heart
04-08-2005, 01:08 PM
From the article
A few Beano drops will "sotto voce" most "musical fruits."
:laughtears :laughtears

moosemama
04-08-2005, 01:19 PM
Allison, I read the first part of your user name then began to read your post. So for me your post began...moose flatulence... :laughtears Puts a whole new spin on things.

LOL! Heeeee, you have me giggling here. :lol

luvinmykidz
04-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I read on a website that the average human being produces 12 liters of GAS daily :wow

Epieikeia
04-11-2005, 07:12 PM
I read on a website that the average human being produces 12 liters of GAS daily

Could this possibly be utilized as a new energy source? I mean with gasoline and heating propane so high...this may be a good alternative fuel maybe? :think :shrug :P

:laughtears :laughtears :laughtears :laughtears :laughtears