PDA

View Full Version : Ok Kym...(or any other EO using mama)!

Quietspirit
04-06-2005, 06:38 AM
I added lavendar EO to my baking soda when I vaccuumed this morning...LOVE IT! Now, I am a total novice at essential oils. All I have are lavendar and tea tree. What are some yummy smelling scents that I can use to make cleaner recipes. And to use to scent my home (and how do I do that?!)

Help!? :doh :lol

Gretchen
04-06-2005, 06:47 AM
Lavender and TTO are my staples. I recently bought some peppermint oil and I love that! I often put a few drops of that into my mop water and it smells great!

Gretchen

Irene
04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
yeah, peppermint is great for vaccuuming when you are feeling down- really wakes you up! :D
I also use lemon or orange, it smells "clean" to me.

Mothering by Heart
04-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I know alot of mamas rave about lemon grass and clary sage together. I just had to try it and the smell makes me :sick I don't know why. But many people like it :shrug, LOL

Orange, mmmmm, That would be great. I agree, Irene, clean smelling :)

Mothering by Heart
04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
I. And to use to scent my home (and how do I do that?!)

Help!? :doh :lol

At my local candle store, they sell brass rings that you put on top of a light bulb in a lamp. Pop that on and add a few drops of eo. It makes the whole room smell :) It is a a diffuser.

Or you can add the eo's to water in a spray bottle and mist away.

OnlyBelieve
04-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I normally use lavender and TTO in cleaning along with some grapefruit seed extract (that was left over from my victory over thrush). I think to scent the home, you could use any scent that you like and put it on a cotton ball in your vacuum cleaner bag or canister. When you vacuum.......mmmmm, lovely. I know they also make nebulising diffusers for oils also that work like those air freshener warmers.
I know that there are recipes somewhere on the www for air freshner sprays made using EOs also.
Have fun.....remember though that this is almost as addicting as cloth diapers!!

Quietspirit
04-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks for all the tips! :D

Mama Calidad
04-07-2005, 02:51 PM
My favorite, favorite, favorite is lavendar and peppermint together. :hearts

I like orange, cinnamon and clove together.

Gretchen
04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
My favorite, favorite, favorite is lavendar and peppermint together. :hearts

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have to try that! I like lavender and TTO together - in fact, I like that much better than either one separately.

Gretchen