PDA

View Full Version : rinsing cd

Joesmomma
04-05-2005, 08:03 PM
ok, so some may think this is gross. I rinse the poop out of diapes before putting them in the bin before washing, and now that we are in a new place with one bathroom, I use the kitchen sink and rinse the sink after, and use the garbae disposal. SIL thought that was wrong, I was putting us at risk for rotavirus. Ds still has soft soft poops and I don't know if I could do the dunking in the toilet, so how do you rinse?
I have thought of asking dh to put a sink next to the washed and do it there, but haven't asked yet
Therese

BeckaBlue
04-05-2005, 08:45 PM
I dunk (ds has soft but not purely bf poos anymore) in the toilet and rinse in the bathroom sink.

I got a package of the plastic bag type gloves from dollar tree, 100 of them per pack so they last awhile and are cheap, that way im not touchin the poo, and i always clean the sink w/ hot water after im done

Larissa
04-07-2005, 10:36 AM
My son isn't on solids yet, so I am not there yet...I don't see how it would be a risk for rotavirus.....but I would disinfect once you are done rinsing the diaper.

Radosny Matka
04-07-2005, 11:31 AM
How about getting one of those sprayer things you can attach to the toilet water line?

LoveToReadMommy
04-09-2005, 08:28 PM
We attached a kitchen sink sprayer to our toilet. Baby not born yet, but it was only $6 instead of $30 for a mini shower. But if it doesn't work, I'll buy a mini shower. I'm too prissy to dunk. :O

KoalaMommy
04-10-2005, 06:08 PM
I don't dunk or rinse my dipes. There's really no need for a exclusively breastfed baby. I do an extra first before I wash them, but that is in the machine.

if your babe is older, they make flushable diaper liners that are environmentally friendly. I'm thinking we may try those ourselves.

But really, there's no need to rinse before you put them in the pail, just do an extra rinse in the laundry it works great!!!

wuzzie
04-11-2005, 08:32 AM
I plop the solids into the toilet and the rinse in the sink too. I save 'em all up during the day in a plastic bag and them do it all at once. When I am done I fill the sink with water and add some bleach and let it soak a bit. I also use that water on a cloth and wipe down all my counters and hardware incase of accidental spray out of the sink. Then send the water down the sink with the disposal on.

Micah
04-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Hmmm...I've never dunked or rinsed....I just let the poo fall into the toilet and throw it in the pail and I've not had any problems.