PDA

View Full Version : WAAAAAH! Can these be saved?

RealLifeMama
04-05-2005, 07:49 PM
:hissyfit
I don't know if I will even get any reads in time, but :hissyfit
I planted mesculen mix in an egg carton last week. To my suprise, I now have (or had?) seedlings in each egg hole, and they are so tall now that they won't fit in the carton. That was much quicker than I expected!
Anyway, I took them inside to cut the lid off and I was going to cover them with something else until I was able to get them in the ground.
Well, they were on a counter and Nathan climbed up and knocked the whole thing down onto the floor! I have a nice pile of soil and little mesculen plants with tiny stems and and tiny strings mixed in.
Can I replant them or is it over and I just need to try again?

This was the first time I have planted anything and April and I were so excited. She cried when it happened. :cry

GodisGood
04-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I don't see why not. Give it a try.

RealLifeMama
04-05-2005, 07:58 PM
I would like to try but I don't really know how to do it. It was eay to put the soil in and sprinkle on the seeds and then cover with dirt. But the long strings andhow to get them in the dirt is throwing me off.
:shrug

GodisGood
04-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Same way, I belive. Fill a container with potting soil and stick your finger or a pencil in where you want to place the seedling. Gently pat the dirt in around it and water. :)