PDA

View Full Version : Out door clean up

godsgracegiven
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I am not sure if this belongs here or in the the garden forum. But I was doing some out door clean up today. I was looking at the kiddo's swimming pool from last year. It is really dirty, but it is still new. Can I clean it with something? There is some mold in it, is it garbage now? I need something safe for the kiddos and safe for the yard. Oh, probaly should add it is one of those hards plastic ones. TIA!

Heather
04-05-2005, 05:28 PM
It should be fine... I would clean it up with some bleach... maybe let it set for awhile.

mommyTay
04-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I agree, some bleach should fix it up fine.

godsgracegiven
04-06-2005, 01:59 AM
is bleach safe for the grass?

tree_hugger
04-06-2005, 02:20 AM
is bleach safe for the grass?

I tried to kill some plants with bleach a few years ago. I poored at least a litre on each one. It didn't work. :/ Maybe you should do a little experiement, like a test patch in the home hair-dye kits. :)

godsgracegiven
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I tried to kill some plants with bleach a few years ago. I poored at least a litre on each one. It didn't work. Maybe you should do a little experiement, like a test patch in the home hair-dye kits.
Wow! strong plants!! :eek test patch is a good idea, ty. :tu

DogwoodMama
04-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Would vinegar be a gentle, less toxic alternative? Or would it be strong enough? :think

godsgracegiven
04-06-2005, 05:08 PM
hehehe Elizabeth, I was thinking the same thing. :) Does anyone know?

OnlyBelieve
04-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Depending on how much mold is on it, you could just soak some paper towels with beach (or bleach solution) and lay them on the affected area. Then when you do the actual washing there will be less bleach on your grass. I do not think a little bleach will do anything to most grasses.