PDA

View Full Version : Sunscreen for sensitive skin?

snlmama
04-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Anyone have suggestions for a good sunscreen for my ds who has eczema. I have his eczema under control to a point - as long as I stick to a specific skincare regimen and don't use anything extra on him he's fine. Well, just realized he'll be needing sunscreen for the summer. I had to use some yesterday when we went to the park and now his arms are all red and itchy. :( I feel so bad, but the alternative to sunscreen is getting a sunburn and I know we don't want that. Any suggestions of one that's good for kids w/ eczema. I have thought about keeping him in long sleeves and pants all summer, but that still leaves his face and we have also noticed that heat aggrivates his itchies so that could make it worse too.

Soliloquy
04-05-2005, 08:52 PM
You could try California Baby. We have their sunscreen but haven't needed it yet. But, their babywash is fabulous. DD had red, irritated skin in the folds of her neck when she was a newborn that went away the first day we switched from Aveeno babywash to California Baby. They sell it at natural food stores and they also have a website. I think it's californiababy.com but I'm not sure. It wouldn't be hard to find on google.

HTH

Lisa

Oh, and using a hat will keep a lot of the sun off his face. Gymboree has some that have long flaps to cover the back of the neck, too.