PDA

View Full Version : Our dog is afraid of the stroller!

cannuke
04-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Our almost 2 year old Shiba Inu (see below) is terribly afraid of the new stroller that we bought. He barks at it and won't go anywhere near it. He has shown interest in the other baby stuff that we've brought home (sniffing, etc), but this stroller has him all upset. He barks at it and tucks his tail between his legs and runs away (which is pretty funny considering a Shiba's tail is curly!). We've tried taking him to the stroller (he kicks it) and collapsing the stroller (maybe it looked too big to him), but nothing works. We're kind of just leaving it out so that it becomes part of the furniture.

Baby is due in August and I was really hoping that we could go for walks with him and the stroller. I'm planning on slinging the baby anyway and that might become my only option if he won't go anywhere near the stroller.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? It's our first baby, but the dog is really good with all kids that we've had him around. He doesn't generally like change (like when I move the furniture around!), so maybe it's not the baby so much as the baby stuff?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/cannuke/Jake.jpg

Heather
04-04-2005, 08:39 AM
:shrug I don't know... but my mom's dog tries to bite the wheel on mine. Maybe he will get used to it when you can put the baby in it?