PDA

View Full Version : update and question (kids getting ready to leave for outtings)

godsgracegiven
04-04-2005, 12:54 AM
I tried really hard to do the "trust me day," this weekend. For the most part, I kept on track but felt a little confused. I always thought that talking to your children before a trip/outting was considered preparing them?? My kids are big on transitions, so it felt a bit awkard. One thing I kept running in to was they wanted to go with me but they were not at all wanting to help me dress them. We seem to do really well once we are gone. It is getting dress that is a big stressor for everyone. Plus, I wanted to ask, how many times do you take your child out a week? We have a big family and can be gone a lot, then other times home alot. We try to take breaks for them to play and unwind but still I wonder if the stress getting ready is related to them really not wanting to go out. Or if they are not getting out enough?

ArmsOfLove
04-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm We don't go out a lot at all. We try to stay home. A few weeks ago we were away from home two days in a row and when we went to get the kids ready the third day to do something they were freaking out. We were going to something fun for them so I asked if they wanted to go and they all said no :) Especially for introverts it can be very hard to be away from home too much.

MarynMunchkins
04-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I have two that like to be out every day, and one that likes to stay home every day. :lol I try to compromise by only taking all 3 on necessary errands like grocery shopping, and letting Doug stay home with Daddy whenever possible.

Mine are pretty good about getting dressed and ready for the car, but I don't really remember how we accomplished that. :think I know that doesn't help. I do remember not focusing on getting dressed - we've gone out in pajamas before. ;) After they hit 3, they'd rather get dressed on their own than go in jammies. :P

godsgracegiven
04-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Most of the time we don't go out more than 3x per week. :think
We were going to something fun for them so I asked if they wanted to go and they all said no hehehe, not S and J they are always asking to go somewhere, that is why I wondered if they were not getting out enough.

LoveToReadMommy
04-06-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm the introvert, and so I'm the one who gets exhausted from too much activity. But my oldest spirited dd can't handle too many transitions. We try to have at least 3 Home days during the week, I prefer 4, but it doesn't always work that way. I take one evening a week to do my errands, but sometimes we have an errand day together. Our home days are the best, I get so much done, and get more time to read with them, etc.

godsgracegiven
04-07-2005, 02:11 AM
I agree, I love my days at home too. :) Sometimes, I would rather just go play outside and forget the errands....sigh. :)