PDA

View Full Version : An introduction of sorts

Heather Micaela
04-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Hi all,

I've been around but I wanted to introduce myself in a specific way on this forum becuase I may begin to ask a lot of questions. :P

I have come from a more punitive mindset (but not to the extreme of pearl/ezzo.) I truly see that gentle/grace based discipline has value and can really work, but it is new to me.

I am a slow learner but I really would like to learn how to be more patient and empathetic.

So I hope I am welcome here and you tolerate my questions.

:heart

ChristmasGirl
04-02-2005, 02:06 AM
glad you're here! :heart i think that learning about GBD is like getting your toes wet, then your soles, up to your ankles, wading, tripping and falling down and getting your clothes all wet and you WISH you could take them offcause they're so heavy :lol and cumbersome (but you pick yourself up, dry off, and keep leading those little duckies that are following you) and then one day you realize that you're swimming, your clothes don't seem so heavy cause you're fully submerged, and you realize that you may even float one day ;)

ArmsOfLove
04-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Welcome! And ask away--we need to rebuild our archives anyway ;)

Danette
04-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Welcome! And ask away--we need to rebuild our archives anyway My thoughts exactly. Please ask away!! And I'm glad you are here. :D

mom2threePKs
04-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Welcome! It is a huge paradigm shift but, boy, once I started shifting it has really impacted my entire world view. Glad you've joined us!!

Magan