PDA

View Full Version : Ok...placed my order!

3BlueArrows4Us
04-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Placed my Sonlight order a few minutes ago! So excited! :)

With my CoreK w/ advanced readers, Language Arts 1, Science K, Horizons Math 1, Handwriting Without Tears 1, Explode the Code 1,2,3, and all of our extra necessary resources (maps, dictionary, timeline, science noncomsumables) my total came to $720.51. It *is* steep, but sooooooooo much of it can be reused with each of our other boys, we're building a great library, and we truly do view it as an investment. Money well spent, IMHO.

I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tu

Edited to change my spelling error in my title! LOL! And I call myself a HSing Momma! LOL!

Sara
04-02-2005, 01:34 AM
:congrats

That is so exciting! The wierd thing is, your list is totally identical to mine - K with advanced readers, LA 1, the handwriting, Explode the Code - every single thing but the math. I still haven't ordered because each time I add the stuff to the cart to see what it is going to cost, I have sticker shock :eek (and we're waiting on an additional tax refund that we have coming due to a correction on our taxes) but I hope to order soon! :tu

Reva
04-02-2005, 04:10 AM
. I still haven't ordered because each time I add the stuff to the cart to see what it is going to cost, I have sticker shock :eek (and we're waiting on an additional tax refund that we have coming due to a correction on our taxes) but I hope to order soon! :tu

Me too! Every time I add stuff to my cart, I close my eyes before I see the total. :eek I just keep telling myself that I can use it again for Matthew! And like you, we're waiting for our corrected tax return before we can do anything.

3BlueArrows4Us
04-02-2005, 08:36 AM
I know exactly what you both mean! It was *really* hard to push that button completing my order. *gulp*

Sara ~ That is so funny that we are ordering the same stuff! Is you child going into 1st grade??? We used CorePK for kindergarten with Joe this past year and it has been great. Some of it was a bit young for him like the Developing the Early Learner stuff and the Opposites and the Shapes books, but we will be able to use those with Jake when he's ready. What math do you use??? The Horizons was good, but Joe balked at it frequently. I'm hoping 1st grade is a little smoother.

Reva ~ It is wonderful to know so much of it is reusable, isn't it???

Sara
04-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Yes, my dd is going into first grade. Right now we are using Simply Numbers from Shoelace Books (http://www.shoelacebooks.com). The book we ordered last year covers K and 1st, so I'm not sure if we'll just continue using what we have or if we will switch to Singapore. I keep going back and forth. :think

3BlueArrows4Us
04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Cool...I like the Horizons, but we have had a few snags with it. He is smart enough for it, it's just he doesn't always like to *DO* it, YKWIM??? BUT...I was unaware that the bulk of it relys a lot on the teacher edition for ideas and explaining concepts. I didn't order the teacher's edition last year because, for goodness sake, it's kindergarten! LMBO! I should be able to teach this! Now I know I could have really benefitted from it...so I am getting it this year for sure!!! Maybe we'll add in more manipulatives to break up the monotony.

I need to really work with him on counting money. Hmmmmm! Summer school! LOL!

Sara
04-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Marcia,

My two goals before we start first grade are to work on counting money and to work on telling time. We haven't done well with those this year. :O

RadicalMama
04-02-2005, 07:49 PM
How exciting! :mrgreen

We haven't ordered ours yet. I'm just not sure what we're going to do yet.

Our oldest is going into 1st but doing some things close to 2nd. I haven't found a math or science program that I like yet. :( Any recommendations?

3BlueArrows4Us
04-05-2005, 12:28 PM
LOL...telling time is our other "need-to-work-on"! Heehee!

RadicalMama~ No real reccomendations here. My only experience is with Horizons Math and Sonlight curriculum. Check out the Rainbow Resource Catalog...they have a lot of different curriculum in one place. :) GL!