PDA

View Full Version : Homemade cover ?

mom2_AthruZ
04-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I am thinking of ordering some pul to make some covers and I wanted to use some corduroy as an outerlayer for the cover. For those who make their own covers do you think there would be a breathability issue? Would using a 100% cotton fabric as an outerlayer be a better choice? The cord. I have is sooo pretty :)and would make such a pretty cover but if it isn't a good choice I will find another use for it. ;)

TIA :mrgreen

lotsomama
04-02-2005, 01:43 AM
I don't think it would matter since PUL doesn't breath much (if at all) anyway. I'm sure they will be beautiful with your courderoy.

Laura
04-02-2005, 02:31 PM
I've seen pictures of corduroy covers before and I'm sure it'll be lovely. Are you sure of the cotton content? Most cord that I've seen has been 100% cotton anyhow. Although, like Lotsomama said it won't really matter much because PUL is generally not breathable anyway. I've got a piece of printed cord that I've been contemplating making into a fitted dipe, but I'm going to wait till you report back on how it works for a cover. Maybe I'll use it as the outer for an AIO...