PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a yummy vinaigrette

cannuke
04-01-2005, 07:47 PM
My latest obsession is vinaigrette for salad dressing. Specifically, I love those with a little sweetness added to offset the vinegar, rather than straight oil, vinegar and herbs. Every time I make one, it's not quite right and I haven't yet found a good recipe. Japanese-type vinaigrettes are also great, but again no recipe!

Any suggestions?

cobluegirl
04-01-2005, 08:54 PM
ooh..I had one the other day from pampered chef that was really good....I will have to find it....

jujubnme
04-01-2005, 09:15 PM
This time of year when you can start getting good fresh strawberries, this one is really yummy:

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/3 c. mashed strawberries
1/2 c. olive oil
3 T. balsamic vinegar
1 T. sugar
season with salt & pepper

whisk oil, vinegar & sugar first and then whisk in strawberries, or mix all in food processor :)

serve on greens with feta cheese, toasted walnuts and sliced strawberries. Yummy! :yum

Here's a sweet asian dressing I use for spinach salad:

8 T. olive oil
3 T. unseasoned rice vinegar
3 T. soy sauce
3 T. sugar
season with salt and pepper

whisk in small bowl to blend

I like this one with spinach, mandarin oranges and toasted almond slivers

cannuke
04-02-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't have a food processor (that's next!). Do you think a blender would work OK?

jujubnme
04-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Sure, a blender would work just as well :). Honestly, I usually just whisk them by hand.

cannuke
04-02-2005, 02:02 PM
:think I have one of those Tupperware things with the wagon-wheel insert that I also use for making gravy (the water/flour mixture). That would also work and is easier to clean up.

cobluegirl
04-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Here is my recipe....

1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
1 envelope savory herb&garlic soup mix
1 garlic clove pressed

mix together...yummy!!

cannuke
04-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I tried the one with the mashed strawberries last night and it was great! I have lots left over for more salads.

Now I have to get busy trying the others. Thanks!