PDA

View Full Version : and another ODD thing....

phermion
04-01-2005, 07:41 AM
My dd has very flat, thin toe nails - and I cut them straight across like I'm supposed to , but she still ends up with nail growing under the skin at the corners that becomes painful and red - sort of ingrown. Any ideas on how I can prevent the ingrowing, or to make them a bit thicker so they quit peelng and chipping (which makes the corner growing thing worse)? She's 18 mths, still nurses, and is pretty willing to try new stuff.

phermion
04-01-2005, 06:18 PM
:shifty no one has a clue, eh? *sigh*

cobluegirl
04-01-2005, 06:56 PM
I am sorry...I know nothing about nails...other then babies have funky nails for the first few years....

phermion
04-02-2005, 09:58 AM
thanks, rachael. :idea it's good to remember that babies have weird nails. :) perhaps she will grow out of it. :shrug

jmh1013
04-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Okay, here goes. He might not like it, but maybe some nail hardener. Just tell him you promise you won't tell anyone he looks like he's wearing clear nail polish...hehe jk. For real though, my little brother had a problem like that and after he used the hardener it got much better, he just couldn't wear it on his fingernails b/c it looked like nail polish. If it's his toes, no one should notice