PDA

View Full Version : immunity boosters??

phermion
04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
I have been catching everything it seems - and I'm sick again! *sigh* I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to boost my immunity? Something I could give my kids? I take a prenatal, a fish oil and a b-12. My family could really use the help - it's not fun when sickness just hangs around. TIA!!

cobluegirl
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Vit c,
Echinacea,
astralagus,
acidophilus,
colostrum,
colloidal silver,
royal jelly,

Those are all safe for you and your kids. (no royal jelly for baby..it is a honey) Those are all good immune boosters.

Grapefruit seed extract and garlic are good at fighting infections too.

Winkie
04-01-2005, 11:04 AM
rachael, do you know anything about those related to autoimmune disorders? i recently read in 2 places that you shouldn't use echinacea if you have an aid, because you're stimulating the immune system which is attacking your body already. it surprised me because i never heard that mentioned prior. what about the others in your list? (i have hashimoto's hypothyroiditis)

cobluegirl
04-01-2005, 11:18 AM
my step mom has ms and she can't take a lot of things because she reacts like she had an allergic reaction. I had never heard that before but I think it is entirely possible...Have you tried it to see what would happen? I will get back to you.

tempus vernum
04-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Don't forget garlic.

For the kids, Herbs for kids has Oregon grape root which is for lingering illness and vi protection blend which is a combo of a bunch of stuff. Got my co-op order Wednesday so the kids just started vi protection blend cuz we have been sick around here for months and I want to make sure nothing is hiding in there ;).

And don't forget for non nursing, non pregnant people oregano oil. DOesn't apply to me as I am both and I see you are bf to but maybe for your dh :)

phermion
04-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Funny- I thought I had posted a reply... :think
Anyway, what I said was thanks to all you girls for helping me. I'm planning to take this list to the health food store and see what I can get. :tu Something has to help!! I was becoming paranoid wondering if my house wasn't clean enough, etc. My mom said I was over reacting, so I feel a little better about that. :lol Still feel the need to steam everything in sight. :laughtears

Gretchen
04-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Cutting out sugar will help. And getting enough sleep, which I *know* is much, much easier said than done ....

Gretchen

phermion
04-02-2005, 10:01 AM
:spit cut out sugar!!!! :wow
:laughtears :lol
good point.....thanks! really :highfive

mummy2boys
04-03-2005, 04:16 AM
Sleep ~ Ahhh Haaa.....I knoew I was missing something ;) lol

Seriously....I need more sleep......I need about 10 hours to have me at my best....what about everyone else?

phermion
04-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm a "needy" sleeper- 10 hours!! if i get 8, i'm :/....6 then i look like :hissyfit...and heaven forbid i only get 4, cause then i'm :mad :banghead!!! :wow Definitely gotta have the ZZZZZZZZZZ'z. ;)