PDA

View Full Version : bad smelling dogs

ernamosher
03-31-2005, 08:51 PM
I am in an outrage right this second. Dh, (whom I truly love) threw some rotten fish carcasses into the woods behind our house. Of course our dogs found them and happily devoured them and rolled in them. I am trying to get the smell out of them and at the same time deal w/ my irritation to the whole ordeal. Unfortunately the dogs will both have to be tied up for a while now, until the fish are totally rotted into the ground.

I need some ideas as to how to get the fish smell out? Dh thinks the dogs should be punished for getting into the fish, I personally think that my dh should be punished for throwing the fish out where the dogs could get to them. I am trying to see his point of view in this but I am having a hard time. How can I punish the dogs for getting into a pile of fish? Some suggestions would be great!

Sanveann
04-01-2005, 06:08 AM
I agree with you. You can't punish a dog for something that its instinctive to do. At the very least, you can't punish a dog for something that it's done awhile ago. They will not make the connection whatsoever and will be freaked out because they'll think you're just randomly punishing them. If you had caught them in the act, then it would have been one thing to scold them, but the time for that is long past, I'm afraid.

CelticJourney
04-01-2005, 12:11 PM
<<How can I punish the dogs for getting into a pile of fish? Some suggestions would be great!>>

From his point of view, a bath would be punishment enough. He didn't do anything 'wrong' ; he just did what dogs do.

Now dh, that is another subject....... :lol

ernamosher
04-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Well I bathed my Mastiff pup, so she smells better. But I found the best way that I had avaliable to punish dh . . . I made him bath our full grown St. Bernard, who by the way hates to be bathed. Maybe next time he will not throw his fish guts so close to the house!!

Sanveann
04-02-2005, 03:43 AM
LOL! Good solution!

CelticJourney
04-02-2005, 01:20 PM
<<to punish dh>>

Sounds more like natural consequences to me ;)