PDA

View Full Version : Our snail Shelly is no more...

boonpnutsmom
03-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Shelly survived a SEVERE boiling that killed 58 of his/her other brothers and sisters back in November. We had a horrible fish disease that killed the previous fish inhabitant . The day my DS got his two new fish we decided that the snail population was just too out of control. I cleaned the rocks THROUGHLY, replaced all the snails in the wild, or so we thought. Brought home the new fish and low and behold, there is one snail left. We named it Shelly and it did very well in there all by himself with these two new big fish. We believe the boiling made it infertile as no new snails emerged and this happened back on Veterans day. That is a really long time for a "boiled" snail to survive. The last couple weeks the water has been getting really smelly quickly after changes. We got new gravel and switched out everything, it was doing great and then I noticed the other night it wasn't stuck to anything and it was on it's side. Last night I notice Randy had :eek EATEN it!!!! So Shelly is no more, there is just an empty shell in there until the next time the tank gets cleaned, and the rotten smell is gone, so I am thinking it was sick or something.

Sanveann
04-01-2005, 06:11 AM
:(

RIP, Shelly!